Michael Phelps On Rehab

Michael Phelps announced he is going to rehab.


Phelps, 29, revealed his decision on Sunday, less than a week after he was arrested for DUI and other charges.

The gold medalist wrote on twitter in a number of tweets:


"The past few days have been extremely difficult. I recognize that this is not my first lapse in judgment, and I am extremely disappointed with myself. I'm going to take some time away to attend a program that will provide the help I need to better understand myself. Swimming is a major part of my life, but right now I need to focus my attention on me as an individual, and do the necessary work to learn from this experience and make better decisions in the future."

Just in case you have missed it, the most decorated Olympian of all time was initially arrested for DUI in 2004.






Following last Tuesday's arrest, Phelps claimed he was "deeply sorry" driving under the influence of alcohol and would "take full responsibility."


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts