Nicki Minaj: ""Anaconda" Video Is About How Girls Love Being With Other Girls"

Nicki Minaj explains there is no hidden message behind her sexy "Anaconda" music video, noting it is actually a depiction of "what girls do."  







"I don't know what there is to really talk about. I'm being serious. I just see the video as being a normal video," Minaj told GQ in the magazine's November issue, claiming: "I think the video is about what girls do. Girls love being with other girls, and when you go back to us being younger, we would have slumber parties and we'd be dancing with our friends."


Nicki clarified that her role in the clip is "just talking about two guys that she dated in the past and what they're good at and what they bought her and what they said to her. It's just cheeky, like a funny story," she explained, before admitting it is also about power and control. "I'm chopping up the banana," she says of one scene in the video. "Did you realize that? At first I'm being sexual with the banana, and then it's like: "Ha-ha, no.""

Minaj claimed the footage of her slicing and dicing the banana was strategically revealed just moments before she gives Drake a lap dance. "That was important for us to show in the kitchen scene, because it's always about the female taking back the power," she added.  "If you want to be flirty and funny that's fine, but always keeping the power and the control in everything."

The rapper also talked about changing her appearance. "I always thought that by the time I put out a third album, I would want to come back to natural hair and natural makeup," she was quoted as saying, adding: "I thought, I will shock the world again and just be more toned down. I thought that would be more shocking than to keep on doing exactly what they had already seen."


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts