Taylor Swift Talks Twitter, Being Single And Pop In "Wonderland"

Taylor Swift graced the cover of Wonderland magazine's November/December 2014 issue, out on newsstands on Thursday, and opened up about her private life and her new album "1989".  











Swift, 24, said of twitter's "dark underbelly": "Twitter's dark underbelly is that it gives people a veil of anonymity: they can have a terrible day at work, feel awful about themselves, come home and get drunk and go call someone ugly on Instagram. If people don't have anyone to talk to about (their problems), they go online and just say wicked, gross, cruel mean-spirited things about people. I wrote "Shake It Off" for my own situation, but also for the situation that everyone finds themselves in now. It's not a celebrity issue, it's a people issue."


Taylor revealed about being single: "I've been with myself for so long now, I like it. I'm not willing to give up that independence for anyone. Basically, there's the tiniest, tiniest, tiniest chance you might find someone you can have a real and long-lasting relationship with. In my teenage years, I was enamoured by the idea of romance because I thought it was going to be this "happily ever after" situation."

Swift explained about going pop for her fifth studio album "1989": "This was sort of the final phase of the sonic evolution I feel I've been on for the last couple of years. I've been experimenting with pop sensibilities and then on my last record, I got attached to it. That's the wonderful thing about trying as many different ways of writing music as possible - discoveries."


For the full interview of Taylor Swift, check out Wonderlandmagazine.com.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts