Keith Moon Quotes

1. The Keith Moon the public knows is a myth, even if I have created him. The real me is the person who sits at home having a cup of tea with his old lady, Annette. The hotel smashing is one way I get relief from the public image. I have no temper. I do it in a spirit of amusement rather than anger. When I've done damage to a friend's house I come back sheepishly the next day and offer to put things right, which means I'm willing to foot the bill. 





2. I'm not tempted to quit now like I was when we where having our internal troubles. I'd be mad to, wouldn't I?


3. They're always saying I'm a capitalistic pig. I suppose I am. But…it's good for my drumming.







4. You know, if I ever stopped laughing inside and quit believing in people then I would get very hurt and totally disillusioned. You have to treat everything - even if at that time it seems like a right bummer. 



5. At heart I cannot accept that I am a well-known rock 'n' roll star and one of the greatest drummers in the world.




6. There are things that have happened to me that have made me wonder where I went wrong...things of a personal nature, like my relationship with my wife. They're the things that make you think most, because one is far more deeply involved.



7. My friends call me Keith, but you can call me John.


8. I was a rust repairer. I was a rust repairer and full-time survivor. I survived all the major earthquakes, and the Titanic, and several air crash.

9. I can't believe that person on the television is really me.


10. I love to see people laugh and I love it more if I can make them laugh. I think this comes across in my drumming. I watch a lot of The Marx Brothers' movies and they were doing the same sort of things. You've seen the way (Chico Marx) plays the piano with that certain flair…adding something to the music while taking liberties within his own capabilities? It's a question of taking somebody else's music but not sending it up in a derogative sense, just injecting your own personality. (Pete Townshend)'s music allows me to do this.

11. I told people I was a drummer before I even had a set, I was a mental drummer.





12. I've always enjoyed myself. Unhappy periods for me last about twenty minutes.


What do you think of Keith Moon's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts