Maddie Ziegler Reveals Advice Shia LaBeouf Gave Her

Maddie Ziegler, who stars opposite Shia LaBeouf in Sia's "Elastic Heart" music video, claimed the actor warned her not to make the same mistakes that he did.  




"He actually told me, he was like: "Don't ever drink. Don't ever do this. Don't ever do what I did,"" Ziegler, 12, told Elle, noting: "And I was like: "Aw. I feel so bad!" I was just learning from him."



The "Dance Moms" star explained: "He really gets into character. He warms up and does all this crazy stuff before he starts. He was, like, running around the cage, just punching it. He was screaming. He was doing all these push-ups. Oh my god. I was just standing there, like: "Oh, hey!" Just trying to start a conversation. And he kept screaming. I was like: "How could someone run like that?" I'd be so out of breath."


In the artsy clip, Ziegler and LaBeouf, 28, are dancing and wrestling in similarly flesh colored underwear just like two trapped animals. Ziegler noted she was acting like a "hissing" wolf. The pre-teen stated: "I'm trying to hurt him. 



I'm, like, the mean one, the bad one; I'm the one who's strong." Maddie stated the worst part of filming was having to slap, bite and punch LaBeouf. "I was like: "I can't do this!"" she recalls, adding: "And he was like: "Punch me. Go ahead. Go ahead." I was doing it really soft and he was like: "No. You have to punch me hard." He wouldn't move on until I really punched him hard. I was so scared, but I went ahead and punched him really hard."


When the controversial "Elastic Heart" music video was released on Wednesday, critics described the footage as "pedophilia". Maddie explained Sia originally wanted to cast someone who was younger than LaBeouf. "She was like: "With this video, I wanna have a guy, I wanna have a boy."



And, at first, she was like: "Maybe we could find a little boy - like, your size,"" Ziegler said, who also starred in Sia's "Chandelier" video. "But then my mom got a call and was like: "Oh, Maddie, you're going to be doing the video with Shia LaBeouf." And I was like: "Does he dance?" Actually my first reaction, to be honest, was: "Wait, who is he again?'""


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts