Belinda Carlisle Reveals Her Menopause Symptoms (VIDEO)

Belinda Carlisle has recently opened up about the worst part about being an aging female pop star. 
 










In an interview with Home & Family's Mark Steines and Cristina Ferrare, Carlisle, 56, spoke out about the "debilitating" effects of menopause.



"I always thought maybe it won't happen to me, and then about five years ago it started happening to me," Belinda revealed, noting: "I had sleeplessness. I was very cranky, mood swings."



"The worst thing for me were the hot flashes, which started in the beginning not being so bad, then it just got to be debilitating and I would carry a change of clothes in the car. I would watch my friends go through it and I thought: "Oh God, I hope I don't have to suffer like that." It got to be so bad I got my blood done to check my hormonal levels and it was time to do something about it," the lead singer from "The Go-Go's" explained.


Carlisle also talked about the reason she is okay to discuss this private matter on TV. Besides having co-founded a hospital in Calcutta, the "Heaven Is A Place On Earth" hitmaker is also a spokesperson for Lady Care, a magnet that's meant to be worn in underclothes to control the effects of menopause.


"I put it in and I went from sometimes 40 hot flashes a day to zero," Carlisle declared, adding that menopause "is definitely uncomfortable for a lot of people to talk about, but it's also a fact of life."



 
Check out the video below...

 

Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts