Ally Sheedy Quotes

1. I saw what reprehensible choices people made in order to be movie stars. When I got to Hollywood, they told me I couldn't be a movie star with my body. I decided I didn't care. I decided I didn't want to be a movie star or in Hollywood, where wasn't wanted anyway.  







2. My experiences have taught me a lot and I'm happy with my learnings, if not with what I went through to learn.


3. It is worth it to me to know I have succeeded based on my abilities and not on my looks or any "connections." I've tried not to embody destructive female images in my work.





4. I think everybody has the ability to fall in love with a man or with a woman or a white person or a black person or a Jewish person or a Protestant person or whatever.


5. I never thought to myself, I'm going to grow up and fall in love with a man or I'm going to fall in love with a woman because my mother is a lesbian.






6. I was about six when I started dancing and that and acting and performing was all part of one thing for me.


7. I'd rather not pinpoint my mistakes.


8. Drink a lot of water and bring Tylenol with you.



9. Hollywood is the definition of sexual discrimination.

10. I have the desire to work as an actress, but I have no ambition to be a star.



11. I think that acting involves doing your job so well that you are able to help the viewer identify with the character.



12. But the fact is, nobody gets off drugs unless they really want to, and I really wanted to.


What do you think of Ally Sheedy's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts