Madonna: "Gay Rights Are Way More Advanced Than Women's Rights"

Madonna posed seductively for the latest issue of Out magazine, on newsstands March 17.  













In an interview with the mag, Madonna, 56, opened up about wishing gay males would ask her out: "I didn't feel like straight men understood me. They just wanted to have sex with me. Gay men understood me, and I felt comfortable around them. There was only that one problem, which is that they didn't want to have sex with me! So…conundrum! I was like: "How am I ever going to get a date? Maybe if I cut my hair and I lose a lot of weight, someone will mistake me for a guy and ask me out."



The Queen of Pop revealed that gay rights are ahead of women's rights.


"Gay rights are way more advanced than women's rights. People are a lot more open-minded to the gay community than they are to women, period…It's moved along for the gay community, for the African-American community, but women are still just trading on their ass. To me, the last great frontier is women… Women are still the most marginalized group. You're still categorized - you're still either a virgin or a whore. If you're a certain age, you're not allowed to express your sexuality, be single, or date younger men," Madonna explained.

Madonna also shared about relating to Joan of Arc: "I can relate - sometimes I'm getting burned at the stake metaphorically."


For the full interview of Madonna, check out Out.com.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts