Prince Harry Is Leaving The Army

Prince Harry is officially leaving the army. 




The Kensington Palace announced that the royal is retiring after 10 years in the British service.


"After a decade of service, moving on from the army has been a really tough decision," Prince Harry said in a statement, noting: "I consider myself incredibly lucky to have had the chance to do some very challenging jobs and have met many fantastic people in the process."

Prince Harry went on: "From learning the hard way to stay onside with my Colour Sergeant at (military academy) Sandhurst, to the incredible people I served with during two tours in Afghanistan - the experiences I have had over the last 10 years will stay with me for the rest of my life. For that I will always be hugely grateful."

"Inevitably most good things come to an end and I am at a crossroads in my military career," Prince Harry was quoted as saying, adding: "Luckily for me, I will continue to wear the uniform and mix with fellow servicemen and women for the rest of my life, helping where I can, and making sure the next few Invictus Games are as amazing as the last."

Prince Harry's time in the army, which includes two tours in Afghanistan, will be finalized in June, after he spends four weeks with the Australian Defense Force. The royal admitted he is uncertain what work he will do in the future aside from charity efforts. "

While I am finishing one part of my life, I am getting straight into a new chapter. I am really looking forward to it," Prince Harry claimed. 




Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts