Twisted Sister Drummer AJ Pero Dead At 55

Longtime drummer AJ Pero in the heavy metal band Twisted Sister has died. He was 55.  





The band announced the devastating news on its facebook page on Friday.


"The members of Twisted Sister are profoundly saddened to announce the untimely passing of our brother, AJ Pero," the surviving members of the band said in an official statement, adding: "The band, crew and most importantly the family of AJ Pero thank you for your thoughts and prayers at this time."

Twisted Sister frontman Dee Snider released a separate statement, claiming: "Today I lost a brother. Anthony Jude Pero passed away. A.J. was the final piece in a band that would become an international sensation and one of the greatest live rock acts to ever hit the stage. His sledgehammer assault on the drums helped drive TWISTED SISTER and me to greatness and inspired me to rock every single show. My heart breaks knowing I will never feel the power of his beat behind me, or turn to see his face smiling broadly from the sheer joy he got from doing what he loved. I will always remember that smile. RIP my friend."

AJ Pero joined Twisted Sister in 1982 after he left Cities, a local New York City band. Upon his departure from Twisted Sister in 1986, he re-joined Cities. He participated in the group's reunion in 1997 and continued to perform with Twisted Sister until his death.


R.I.P AJ Pero


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts