Christina Aguilera Pens Emotional Essay To End Child Hunger

Christina Aguilera wrote a moving essay about her efforts toward ending child hunger.  




Aguilera, 34, is really emotional about the important issue and in an essay on the Huffington Post, she said she hopes when her kids, Max and Summer, read her post in 10 years, child hunger won't exist.


"If we all give a little more time and money, we can end global hunger as we know it. My greatest hope is that ten years from now, we can look back with pride knowing that the world came together to finally eliminate hunger," Christina shared.



The singer also recalled when she began her quest to end child hunger, pointing out it occurred shortly after the birth of her son in 2009. 


"I knew I had to do something to help other families and children around the world and that's when I became a volunteer Ambassador Against Hunger with the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)," Aguilera went on, noting that she is also a spokesperson for Yum! Brand's World Hunger Relief effort.

"I've seen first hand the need. The sense of desperation in a mother's eyes as she holds her hungry child. I've also seen the joy. The faces of mothers handing a meal to a child who has no idea who I am, she simply smiles in appreciation of the meal I'm serving her," Aguilera wrote, adding: "The meals that these children get might be the only food they eat all day. It's a life changing experience to feed a hungry child."


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts