Maggie Gyllenhaal Was Told At 37 She Was Too Old To Play A 55-Year-Old Actor's Lover

Maggie Gyllenhaal has broken her silence about being a female actress in Hollywood, recalling a recent incident where she was told she was too old. 



In an interview with The Wrap, Gyllenhaal, 37, said: "There are things that are really disappointing about being an actress in Hollywood that surprise me all the time," noting: "I'm 37 and I was told recently I was too old to play the lover of a man who was 55. It was astonishing to me. It made me feel bad, and then it made me feel angry, and then it made me laugh."



"A lot of actresses are doing incredible work right now, playing real women, complicated women," the actress explained.



As for getting recognition for her character in "The Honourable Woman", Maggie claimed:  "I don't feel despairing at all. And I'm more looking with hope for something fascinating."


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts