Natalie Portman Asked Cate Blanchett About Being A Parent

Natalie Portman graces the cover of Harper's Bazaar magazine's August 2015 issue and she looks absolutely awesome in her Prada dress. 







In an interview with the mag, Portman, 34, opened up about balancing parenthood and her career.


"Very early on, I asked (Cate Blanchett) about being a parent. I said: "How do you do it? You're a mom. You're the best at what you do." She said: "You just do. Stressing about it doesn't help." Most men I know are dealing with the same issues. They say they feel like if they work too hard they won't have enough time with their families. Maybe those questions need to be asked of men, too. Maybe the men need better questions," the actress claimed.

Natalie talked about Hollywood's focus on fashion and gender inequality.
 


"I like to look at what people are wearing, but I do see the sexism in it. Yeah, you could reject it all, but I don't know anyone who has done that and been able to maintain the level of work that I'd like to maintain," Portman explained.

Portman also discussed her Israeli roots.


"If you say: "I'm from Sweden," everyone says: "Cool." Then when you say: "I'm from Israel!" everyone wants to have a 10-hour political conversation. Everyone has a very strong, very passionate opinion about it. But I'm grateful for it. I had so many friends who asked, when we were younger: "Who am I? What's my identity?" I never questioned my identity," the star was quoted as saying.


For the full interview of Natalie Portman, check out HarpersBazaar.com.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts