Rihanna Opens Up About Chris Brown And Her Domestic Abuse

Rihanna visited Cuba for her new Vanity Fair November 2015 cover story, on newsstands October 13.








In an interview with the mag, Rihanna, 27, opened up about her troubled relationship with Chris Brown and replied if she thought she could change him.


"A hundred percent. I was very protective of him. I felt that people didn't understand him. Even after…But you know, you realize after a while that in that situation you're the enemy. You want the best for them, but if you remind them of their failures, or if you remind them of bad moments in their life, or even if you say I'm willing to put up with something, they think less of you - because they know you don't deserve what they're going to give. And if you put up with it, maybe you are agreeing that you (deserve) this, and that's when I finally had to say: "Uh-oh, I was stupid thinking I was built for this." Sometimes you just have to walk away…I don't hate him. I will care about him until the day I die. We're not friends, but it's not like we're enemies. We don't have much of a relationship now," Rihanna revealed.

The pop icon shared about her domestic abuse from Brown: "Well, I just never understood that…like how the victim gets punished over and over. It's in the past, and I don't want to say "Get over it," because it's a very serious thing that is still relevant; it's still real. A lot of women, a lot of young girls, are still going through it. A lot of young boys too. It's not a subject to sweep under the rug, so I can't just dismiss it like it wasn't anything, or I don't take it seriously. But, for me, and anyone who's been a victim of domestic abuse, nobody wants to even remember it. Nobody even wants to admit it. So to talk about it and say it once, much less 200 times, is like…I have to be punished for it? It didn't sit well with me."


Rihanna also discussed how fame has made her lonely.


"I mean I get horny, I'm human, I'm a woman, I want to have sex. But what am I going to do - just find the first random cute dude that I think is going to be a great ride for the night and then tomorrow I wake up feeling empty and hollow? He has a great story and I'm like…what am I doing? I can't do it to myself. I cannot. It has a little bit to do with fame and a lot to do with the woman that I am. And that saves me," the artist stated.


For the full interview of Rihanna, check out VanityFair.com.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts