Lady Gaga's Friend Sonja Durham Dies After Cancer Battle

Lady Gaga's close friend Sonja Durham has died after struggling with cancer.

Durham's husband Andre Dubois confirmed the sad news by saying she died "peacefully and beautifully" at her home.

Gaga, 31, wrote the track "Grigio Girls" about Sonja and then she dedicated her performance of "The Edge of Glory" to her friend at Coachella.

Gaga paid an emotional tribute to Durham on her Instagram account on the day of her passing.

"Watching one of my best friends in the world show unfathomable courage,strength and positivity while battling cancer has really changed my life," the pop star shared, adding: "Thank you Sonja for inspiring me and all of us every day with your joy. I love you so much it brings tears to my eyes just ti think of all the years we've spent together backstage running the show, taking care of each other. You are one of a kind. I'm so proud of you. And you and Andre, your unbreakable beautiful love is what life is all about. You can see it in this photo. Wanted to share this with the world and show them what true beauty looks like. ❤ #grigiogirls #sonjadurham @sonjad7777 I love you girl. I love you so much."

R.I.P Sonja Durham

Comments

Popular Posts