Rebecca Mader Leaves "Once Upon A Time"

Rebecca Mader has announced that she will leave "Once Upon A Time" after the sixth season, even though she would love to stay in the series.


Mader, who has portrayed Zelena/The Wicked Witch of the West since season three, reveals it wasn't her choice to leave the show.


Jennifer Morrison has already revealed that she is not coming back and Ginnifer Goodwin and Josh Dallas are set to leave. Lana Parrilla (Regina), Robert Carlyle (Mr. Gold) and Colin O'Donoghue (Captain Hook) will continue with the show for season seven.

Mader, 40, took to her Instagram account and shared: "To my Darling Pretties, First of all I would like to start by congratulating Adam (Horowitz), Eddie (Kitsis), Lana, Bobby and Colin on the pick up of Once Upon A Time! I am truly happy for you all and most importantly for the fans that will get to keep tuning in each week to see where they will take us."

The actress went on: "A lot of you have been asking if I will be joining everyone in Season 7, so I wanted to let you know personally that unfortunately I am not. This wasn't my choice but a creative decision of the shows that I totally respect and understand."

"The most important thing is that you all know how much you meant to me. I am told frequently both online and in person that by being a part of such a special show I have in some way changed someone's life. This is hugely meaningful to me," Rebecca stated, noting: "I am here to let you know that I am the one who has been charged. Not just by playing such a well written multi-dimensional character but by the fandom itself. I have heard your stories, your pain, your struggles, your achievements and I have truly felt you. I have learned. I have grown. I am a better person because of you, the fans and everyone that blessed me with this opportunity to play such an iconic role."

Rebecca added: "Congrats all and I thank you! I look forward to the next. I invite you to come with me on this journey. I am forever changed. And I'm wicked. And Wicked Always Wins. Forever yours, Bex 💙."


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts