Vicki Gunvalson Plastic Surgery

American reality television personality Vicki Gunvalson, best known for her starring role as a "housewife" in the Bravo series "The Real Housewives of Orange County", has reportedly had plastic surgery to boost her self-esteem.

Gunvalson, 51, has gotten a nose job, botox injections, chin implant, filler injections, laser treatments, liposuction, breast and cheek implants as well as several operations to get rid of acne scars.


Immediately after getting a divorce from her husband of 15 years Donn, Gunvalson spent $8,000 on a "divorce makeover" in a visit to a plastic surgeon expert in Boca Raton, Fla. and underwent liposuction on her torso and thighs, botox, filler injections and laser resurfacing treatments before taping started for the 7th season of the popular "Bravo TV show".


Vicki revealed in an interview: "I want to have it all", noting: "Some doctors do too much and you look like a dead Barbie doll. I didn't want to look plastic!"



The plastic surgeon who treated Gunvalson, Dr. Jason Pozner, was quoted as saying: "She just wanted a little "pick-me-up.""



Gunvalson's transformation began when "Real Housewives of Orange County" costar Gretchen Rossi's boyfriend Slade Smiley called her "Miss Piggy". 



After that cruel comment, Vicki decided to alter her image in September 2012. "I've always felt like I'm not pretty enough," Gunvalson told Us Weekly of her decision to get a chin implant, thin her nose and have body fat injected into her face to eliminate wrinkles. (She previously had two boob jobs.) "I'm still numb - it'll take a year to fully heal. But it didn't change me inside!" Vicki stated.

In an interview with People magazine in 2013, Gunvalson explained: "I'm all about renovating everything right now, whether it's my body or my home. And I decided, what can I do to build my self-esteem?"

"I did some cartilage reconstruction on my nose. I had some fat injected in the upper part of my cheeks so I don't have any more wrinkles. And I did a little chin implant," Gunvalson admitted.


"I was ridiculed that I look like a certain character. And it does hurt me. It did offend me," Vicki claimed, referring to Slade Smiley's joke about Miss Piggy.


Soon after the plastic surgery, Gunvalson admitted she wasn't feeling quite herself: "My face is still really numb. I feel like one of those Muppets where half of (the head) moved and half of it didn't," she said. 


In another interview, it seems that Gunvalson has regrets regarding her plastic surgery. "I should have never done it so close to filming season 8, but I didn't think it was going to be such a long healing process! It's been 9 months since the surgery and I really feel good about it. I was very self conscious about it after it was done because I was so swollen and so numb. I don't see a huge difference now, but enough of a difference that people have told me it looks good". 

When she was asked if she will succumb to plastic surgery in the future, Vicki replied: "Absolutely NOT!  I'm done!"

At another point, Gunvalson states she is really proud of her new plastic surgery, even if some people are telling her it was a huge mistake.

"Most people say it looks good, some people say you shouldn't have done anything, you were beautiful before. It's done, it's over with, it's finished," Gunvalson continued.



The surprising thing is that Gunvalson thinks she feels like she appears almost the same.


"I don't feel like I look much different. But I'll do whatever I have to do to keep looking my best whether it's working out, eating healthy, getting a tweak. It's my body. I'll do whatever I want," Gunvalson added.

According to Miami plastic surgeon expert Dr. Michael Salzhauer: "I think Vicki Gunvalson looks fantastic after her makeover. It is very common for recent divorces to want to start over and that goes for their appearance as well. A new look for their new life! She looks great and you can tell she feels great about the "new Vicki"."



What do you think of Vicki Gunvalson's plastic surgery?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts