Celine Dion Fires Back At Kate Winslet's Slam On "My Heart Will Go On" Titanic Song

If Kate Winslet is sick of hearing "My Heart Will Go On," then how does Celine Dion feel? If there's one person who has the right to be fed up wth the epic love ballad, then it's Celine herself.








"'My Heart Will Go On' gave me the opportunity to be associated with a classic that will live forever. If I just count how many times I've sung it, maybe it'll get me sick," stated Dion on the "Today" show, sympathizing with Winslet. "If she feels tired just hearing it, and, like, throwing up, I'm glad she was not the one singing it."


Don't expect Winslet to sing "My Heart Will Go On" on a karaoke party anytime soon. In March, Kate told MTV that the iconic song made her queasy.




"I do feel like throwing up. I wish I could say "Oh listen, everybody! It's the Celine Dion song!" But I don't. I just have to sit there, you know, kind of straight-faced with a massive internal eye roll."


Winslet continued: "Every time I go into a bar in a hotel where there's a live pianist, or into a restaurant where they're changing their music according to who walks into the door, it's thrilling for people to "surprise me" with that song."


It has to be noted that "My Heart Will Go On" is one of the best-selling singles of all time, winning the Academy Award for Best Song in 1998 and selling more than 15 million copies worldwide. At the time of its release in 1998, it was also the best-selling single in the world.


Let's be honest! The song made both of them a lot of money, Celine from singing it and Kate being in the movie that featured it. Be grateful ladies!

Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!



Comments

Popular Posts