Chuck Norris Quotes

1. A lot of times people look at the negative side of what they feel they can't do. I always look on the positive side of what I can do.


2. Men are like steel. When they lose their temper, they lose their worth.

3. A lot of people give up just before they're about to make it. You know you never know when that next obstacle is going to be the last one.

4. I've always found that anything worth achieving will always have obstacles in the way and you've got to have that drive and determination to overcome those obstacles on route to whatever it is that you want to accomplish.


5. I think setting a goal, getting a visual image of what it is you want. You've got to see what it is you want to achieve before you can pursue it.

6. Some of the most miserable people I know are some of the richest people in America, they are the most miserable individuals I've ever seen.

7. I definitely feel I do have God in my corner.

8. It wasn't until I went to Korea out of high school and got exposed to the martial arts for the first time and was just completely enamored with the physical ability of the martial arts and making my black belt.

9. People need to realise what real happiness and success is, because success as an actor is fleeting. You can be up there one day and gone the next.

10. I'm a very religious person. 


11. I've been very fortunate to be able to use my series as a platform to show a good message for the kids.

12. In America the schools have become too permissive, the kids now are controlling the schools, the tail is wagging the dog. We've got to make a change there and get it back to where the teachers have control of the classrooms.

13. Violence is my last option.

14. And of course the critics crucified me because my acting was so bad.

15. Because movies in the seventies were kind of negative movies, anti-hero type movies. And I said you know I think there's an opening here, a spot here for a positive influence on the screen.

16. But any way, you know at that time I was teaching, I had no aspirations toward acting but I went and did the fight scene in the movie with Bruce just as a kind of a break out of my schedule.


17. But before that I had a chain of martial arts schools that a company wanted to buy and go nation wide with.






18. But fortunately the martial arts in the film was adequate and people loved it, my flying kick through the car windshield and stuff like that. That's what people remembered and the movie did well.

19. But I think that the image I tried to portray on the screen, a strong positive person, is what saved me and why people tolerated the poor acting.

20. But it was a real experience to see Bruce Lee who was far ahead of every body else in that field. He had a vision that was years ahead of everyone.

21. Finally I found an acting school that I was able to take on my GI bill through the military. So I went back to school to learn acting.


22. Fortunately in 1977 Good Guy's Wear Black became my first break.






23. I didn't want to hide things in this book. There are a lot of things in the book, a lot of mistakes I made in my life that come out in this book.

24. I don't know because growing up, not having a father around, you have to create your own image of a father, and that became the image of a father that I would like to have had.

25. I gave my life to the Lord at 12. I was baptized at 12. Then it grew stronger. And when I got to go to a crusade for Billy Graham, unfortunately a lot of times in the entertainment industry, sometimes you lose sight of what's really important in your life. I lost a marriage because of it.

26. I think that's where martial arts are such an integral part, because it does give you that strength of character, it does build internal strength. It becomes spiritual at a high level.

27. I think that's why there has been so many suicides today, the kids don't have the strength of God in their hearts and so they give up, as individuals they don't have the strength to cope.

28. I've been very fortunate that way, I am very spiritual.

29. It's like being a competitive fighter in the martial arts, you'll be the best one day, some one else is going to be the best the next day.

30. My next one was A force Of One where I played a world champion kick boxer and that one did really well.


31. So I went up to about 180 for that fight scene. That's why you didn't see me do any jumping kicks I couldn't get off the ground.


32. So I'm making a better living doing something I love which is the martial arts. You know acting is my career, martial arts are my life. It'll be a part of me as long as I'm alive.

33. So of course I tried to got to acting school but, you know at this time I had no money.

34. So then I started to do my spinning heel kicks and hitting the pads and all this kind of thing then Bruce started doing it and off course in six months he could do it as well as anybody.

35. Then I went out trying to find work (as an actor) but I was competing against guys with years and years of experience.


36. When God said "Let there be light" Chuck Norris said "Say Please."








37. You know I find that when you serve, when you help others it comes back to you, automatically, it is a philosophy that is true.

38. You need the tenacity to stick to it when things get tough. And have faith that you can do it.


What do you think of Chuck Norris quotes?

Feel free to comment and share this  blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts