Linda Evangelista Quotes

1. It was God who made me so beautiful. If I weren't, then I'd be a teacher.


2. I don't get out of bed for less than $10,000 a day.



3. If they had Nautilus on the Concorde, I would work out all the time.

4. I can do anything you want me to do so long as I don't have to speak.

5. I did that Dior Couture 60th anniversary show in July. It took so long to get ready, I think I would have rather been watching.

6. When I work, it can be a 16-hour day.


7. On days when I do not work, I am working on my image.

8. I have to hit the gym. I have beauty appointments. I have to work toward my next job and maintaining my image, just like an athlete.



9. We have this expression, Christy and I. We don't wake up for less than $10,000 a day.


10. We don't vogue, we are "Vogue".

11. I love, love, love fashion so much. That's why I became a model in the first place.

12. Being a rock star was out of the question. I can't sing.

13. When I started in the business, I was told I had three good years in me.


14. When people ask how have I kept on top, I have to say with the help of every photographer, make-up artist and hairdresser I've ever worked with.




15. As long as designers want to dress me, photographers want to take my picture and companies think my face will help their products, then I won't go anywhere until they're done with me.

16. I don't happen to think magazines should be full of thin people. What I do say is that we can all work a little harder with what we have. It is possible to achieve a better body shape and heart rate with nutrition and exercise.

17. I'm so glad this worked out for me, I do think I know how to be a good model.

18. No-one is born with perfect eyebrow.


19. There was a time when everyone remembered that stupid thing about me not getting out of bed for less than $10,000 a day. These days, it's far more important to me that I'm part of a team which raises over $1 million a month for Aids. I'm much more proud of that, than that other old quote.




20. Half-caf, double-tall, non fat, whole-milk foam, bone-dry, half-pump mocha, half sugar in the raw, double cup, no lid, capp - to go (Linda Evangelista ordering her favorite Starbuck's coffee)

21. One of my first jobs was in Italy and that's where I saw cocaine for the first time. There was a murder in our group that weekend. I decided then and there that I would never do drugs. I have anxiety attacks, so there's no way I could do them.


22. Cooking is one of my favourite things - from going to the market, bringing the stuff home and preparing it, to cleaning the kitchen afterwards. I've lost my figure a few times. There have been moments when I've overeaten, for comfort. But with discipline and hard work, you can get your figure back.




23. I have this great fear of people - not when I'm on the runway, but backstage. In a room full of people, I really suffer. I sort of go into a tunnel and I feel very removed. I get so tense, I can't swallow, and my heartbeat goes way up. It still happens now, although I'm better at controlling it.

24. I accept that keeping in shape doesn't come naturally, so I work hard. I hit the gym every day: Pilates, yoga, weights. I used to love wine but I've stopped drinking. I quit smoking and I'll never start again.


25. I was having panic attacks. I didn't want to live that way anymore. I was in love and I wanted it to work. I was tired of travelling, tired of the whole scene, just tired. I sat around. I was lazy. I wanted a routine, and I wanted to wake up in the same bed every day, and I got my wish.




26. One of the reasons I wanted to come back is I got sick of seeing really ugly pictures of myself in the tabloids. I got to the point where I'd look in the mirror and say: "Where'd she go? Because she's still in there." I knew she was still in there (she laughs) and it didn't take much to get her out.

27. I was a hoarder, and I got rid of everything. Now nothing comes in my home unless it has a purpose. And decor is not a purpose. Home is New York apartment with a table, a bed and sofas. That's it. Everything else is gone.


28. All I want to do is model. The reason I'm coming back is for the same reasons that I became a model initially. It's about the clothes and the creation of great pictures. I thought I was old and that I earned my retirement, and enough! It's not enough. I want more. And I'm lucky that I still have that option.


29. I think I will always have a place. I don't think I have to rule or reign but there's a place for me. (on modeling)

30. In photos, I don't know who the real me is - it's all pretend, just pretend. There's not much of myself in my work. If I'm looking in the mirror and I'm working, I'm looking at my make-up and my hair. It's not the same as looking at myself.


31. I'm certainly thinking of plastic surgery. I've already been botoxed, like many of the models. And I'm happy to admit it. If you don't tell, how do other women feel they have a chance when they see the pictures? Models are not superhuman. We grow old. I really want to grow old and I don't believe that age is ugly."



32. I have to get off the Internet. It's so unhealthy for me. I do see what they post about me, and it's not always positive. They're mean - though there are some lovely ones. I'm so tempted to post something, but I haven't done it yet. (on the internet)

33. I got so sick of my face and the flaws.

34. How it's cut, who cut it, how it moves, the lining...I even like it when it's what I consider to be ugly.


35. I don't diet. I just don't eat as much as I'd like to.



36. People think modeling's mindless, that you just stand there and pose, but it doesn't have to be that way. I like to have a lot of input. I know how to wear a dress, whether it should be shot with me standing or sitting.


What do you think of Linda Evangelista's quotes?

Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts