Tyra Banks Quotes

1. Black women have always been these vixens, these animalistic erotic women. Why can't we just be the sexy American girl next door?





2. My mom never taught me to be waiting for some prince on a white horse to swipe me off my feet.

3. Paris is one of the most beautiful places in all the world. Unfortunately, I was so homesick I couldn't appreciate its beauty.

4. I'm competitive with myself. I always try to push past my own borders.


5. I don't go to the cool, trendy restaurants. I go to either the holes in the wall or the super-fancy restaurants where there are no cool people.





6. Black women don't have the same body image problems as white women. They are proud of their bodies. Black men love big butts.

7. I enjoy doing fashion shows and transforming myself into different looks for photo shoots.

8. You can't model for the rest of your life, so it is important to diversify your career.


9. Designers are very fickle. I never wanted to be a victim of that. You're in one minute, out the next.







10. Models now need to promote themselves, think like businesswomen and diversify their careers by doing other things. Chances are very slim that a mere model will become a household name today.

11. I haven't seen the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, the Louvre. I haven't seen anything. I don't really care.

12. I have so many goals.

13. I talked about adopting a baby when I was 20 years old, before it became "hip."


14. I had had an extroverted personality with a lot of friends, but when I lost the weight and grew so tall, I withdrew within myself.





15. People always ask me if I'm going to stop modeling because I have started an acting career. I hope to continue to model for years to come.

16. I've always seen modeling as a stepping stone.

17. I was backstage in Paris and saw Cindy Crawford doing "House Of Style". I thought, I would love to to be in control of my career.

18. I'm not sure exactly how gossiping about my life with my audience really helps them.


19. I look at myself and pick out the things I don't like. No matter how much I work out, I never get muscle tone in my butt and hip area.




20. I want to be like the athletes who seem stuck in time. When you see them at 50, you say they probably can still run like a champ.

21. The runway symbolizes something in society that's very intimidating to women.

22. I love food and feel that it is something that should be enjoyed. I eat whatever I want. I just don't overeat.

23. When I am full, I stop eating.


24. I love all kinds of bread. Whenever I crave junk food, I want salty things like peanuts or potato chips.




25. There's always going to be dreams and goals I have, but I never really tell people what they are.

26. From offstage until the moment I walk onstage, I constantly tweak my talk show and "Top Model", but at the same time, I often leave my private life by the wayside.

27. It's not like I want to hop on a bandwagon, because I said it 15 years ago - bringing a child into your life who is not genetically yours is one of the most beautiful things you can do. But I'm also interested in having my own baby, too.


28. I'm trying to build a strong business. I want to create new stars, new shows and new products for my audience and create a legacy that outlives me. There are so many other ways I want to reach women besides doing a talk show.






29. I loved planning "The Tyra Show" more than actually having to do it. I loved coming up with show ideas, honing each program and crafting it. I'm more excited being in a meeting than being on TV.

30. Smiles come naturally to me, but I started thinking of them as an art form at my command. I studied all the time. I looked at magazines, I'd practice in front of the mirror and I'd ask photographers about the best angles. I can now pull out a smile at will.


31. I made my living being 20 or 30 pounds heavier than the average model. And that's where I got famous.



32. Journalists told me that a talk show wouldn't work. Some told me I was going to get canceled before my first season was up.

33. I've been singing for six years. I've been in and out of the studios with top producers, but it wasn't something I was ready to express to the public or to the press. I wasn't ready to come out. I wanted to perfect my voice and be 100 percent positive that I could come out right.


34. My fingers used to hurt really bad when I played guitar. I stopped because of it.

35. I'm a perfectionist. Sometimes I have to remind myself that it's okay if there are flaws here and there.



36. Self-love has very little to do with how you feel about your outer self. It's about accepting all of yourself.

37. You've got to learn to accept the fool in you as well as the part that's got it goin' on.

38. I've had my heart broken one too many times.

39. I love the confidence that makeup gives me.


40. A smart model is a good model.


41. I think I'm too young to be a mogul. I think I'm too young for that.

42. When I think about moguls, I think like Donald Trump who... owns NYC practically. That's a mogul. I feel like I'm on my way to a lot more, but mogul is a really serious thing. I think it's a word that gets thrown around easily.

43. I don't like expensive things... I just can't help looking in a magazine for the splurge and the save.


44. I love being able to go to a store, let's say... a store like Topshop or Zara or maybe even Macy's, depends on what department, and not have to look at the price tag.



45. I feel more comfortable when I'm lighter - I sleep better, I snore less, I have more endurance when I work out, my arms look better.

46. I've made millions of dollars with the body I have, so where's the pain in that?

47. I think every woman would want to do something about their cellulite!


48. In high school I definitely had a clique of friends. And what I loved about it was that we were healthy and good girls.

49. I used to love writing in my journal.



50. My aunt used to call me light bulb head because my head is small at the bottom and bigger at the top. But it was a term of endearment.

51. Every woman has a story.

52. Take responsibility for yourself because no one's going to take responsibility for you.

53. As a model, you're so used to taking your clothes off that you just don't care.


54. I am prepared to share my life with people.








55. Is this a church meeting or is this a bar? Make some noise!

56. I am totally against plastic surgery. A lot of people think I have breast implants because I have the biggest boobs in the business. But I was a 34C when I was 17...They stay up when I wear a push-up bra. But if people could see me when I come home and take off my bra, how could they think these are fake?


57. I don't know what to do with my arms. It just makes me feel weird and I feel like people are looking at me and that makes me nervous.

58. I liked college guys but they could tell I was just a skinny girl.

59. Because my hands are rough and wrinkley, they are my least favourite feature. An ex-boyfriend used to call them "Freddy Kreuger" fingers.

60. (As a model,) I've always been what people might call approachable. On the street, people are like: "You know, you're cool and you weigh 20 pounds (more) than those other girls in the Victoria's Secret catalogue and that makes me feel good. And you're funny and crazy" ... I want to hear that. That makes me feel good.

61. I'm a Target girl.


62. When I announced that I wanted to do a talk show, a lot of people were very skeptical, which, of course, I understand... I think I'm very good at stepping outside of myself and seeing what I think other people perceive and they perceive a girl that has modeled half of her life and that's pretty much it.




63. It seemed like the last form of open discrimination that's OK, and I decided to put on a 350-pound suit myself and live that life for a day and see what happens. And it was one of the most heartbreaking days of my life.

64. When it comes to my celebrity interviews, I'm going to do a lot deeper research and ask them things that people haven't asked before ... I've been on the other side so much, I have a leg up on a person that has only just interviewed people.


65. (While anyone who saw) America's Next Top Model... Every day she will speak to real women - and sometimes men, too - providing insight into topics that affect their lives. From relationship, family, self-esteem and lifestyle issues to topical news, celebrities and pop culture...


66. I'm tired of this rumor. It's something that's followed me forever.

67. By no means am I against plastic surgery, by no means am I saying that breast implants are a bad thing, but it's just not a choice that I made ... it's something that a lot of people think I have and that is so frustrating to me.

68. I had no idea people were that blatant.

69. The judges felt the need to save you from this crazy cutthroat world of modeling, that would make a sad girl extremely depressed.


70. I wanted to take something that's very intimidating and make it accessible, make it something every woman can relate to and be a part of... One of the reasons why I got very known as a model was because I used to work the runway with a lot of movement. I didn't just walk up and down unless the designer asked for that. So that's what you're going to see, women working the runway with a lot of oomph.

71. What I love about this new group is that no one looks like anyone else. They're all so different, and they all photograph strikingly.

72. Why am I so damn skinny and you know, is it ever gonna change?


73. The judges see a model in person, but for two weeks in a row they have been less than impressed with your photos. So what the judges see now is a lot of potential, but they haven't seen that potential put into your photos.

74. A girl like you that is not necessarily super tall or has a model proportion has to be almost perfect and you nearly fell off this runway.

75. Your face is one of the favorite faces of the judges - they constantly talk about your high cheekbones - but they feel like there's something that's a little vacuous, that's doesn't connect.

76. You are not here because you take bad pictures, but because of something we call lack of persona.


77. I just want you to be yourself. Be a bigger yourself.

78. The judges think: "Beautiful girl, Beautiful pictures," but a lot of them don't see a model in front of them.



79. The judges look at you and every week you are the most beautiful girl to them, but we still haven't seen that in your pictures.

80. My hair's all over my head. It's sticking straight up and it's dirty and full of dandruff. And every time I scratch my scalp, I get this gook of nasty dandruff under my nails

81. Never dull your shine for somebody else.

82. Love me or hate me I promise that it will never make or break me...


83. Perfect is boring, human is beautiful.

84. A lot of young girls think that the opposite of fake is rudeness. And just as ugly as fake is, so is saying whatever is on your mind because it's the truth.

85. I use my success to help other women on their journey in life.

86. I close my eyes while driving and just sing along. I always open them again in time.


87. Believe it or not, I just really know how to pose well. It took me five years to learn what my best angles are.







88. I'm so simple. If I don't have groceries, I eat popcorn and Tang for dinner.

89. I have an invested interest in all the girls. I take Adrianne's struggles to bed with me at night. Adrianne's problem was that she went to Europe to try to make it and nobody knew who she was there. So it was like starting over. But after a girl leaves the show it's really up to her to be aggressive and try to succeed. (On Adrianne Curry's complaints that she did not receive what was promised her as the winner of "America's Next Top Model" (2003).)


90. There has never been a lot of money for black models in that world, because all the money was in advertising, in the campaigns and black models rarely got those so my wages would be... I’d be getting so much less than the other girls and I thought that was just so wrong.




91. I want the shows to provide social commentary, I feel like it's my responsibility to do something about it because I was in fashion for so long projecting an image that's so hard to live up to. An image that is manipulated and tweaked.


What do you think of Tyra Banks quotes?

Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

  1. I would always watch America's Next Top Model because of Tyra Banks. She has been a favorite ever since I was little. I was encouraged to enroll in a sydney modelling agency because of that show, and hopefully I would reach my dreams too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts