Enya Quotes

1. I can only be who I am.



2. I have had death threats from people with fixations.

3. I know every note in every song, the whole history of it, even parts that were there and are gone.

4. As with anything creative, change is inevitable.


5. Fame and success are very different things.

6. I am not reclusive. I just have a private life.

7. I'm not one for walking the beaches humming a melody. I love the discipline of sitting in the studio, writing and listening. That is my domain.

8. I am privileged to do a job I love to do. I would never change any moment from my life.



9. I am really a very shy person. If I appear, it is because of the music, not because I want to be seen.

10. I could have been more famous if I did all the glitzy things, but celebrity always seemed so unnecessary.






11. I didn't expect such a huge reaction, but I knew I was doing something different to everything else that was happening at the time.

12. I don't have pets, I have two guard dogs; and I don't do my own shopping; it's a security thing.






13. I do a so-called trip into myself: I sit down at the piano and the melody might start to evolve from my playing or then I might start to sing it.

14. I do promotion when it is necessary, but I always want to get back to the music.




15. I don't need a man in my life.

16. I enjoyed the two years I was with Clannad. I enjoyed touring. We toured a lot in Europe.

17. I tend to listen to the classical composers: Rachmaninov, Satie.




18. I told the record company I didn't feel the need to be at red-carpet events. I wanted a career. But I wanted to keep myself intact as a person.

19. I use my voice as an instrument.


20. It wasn't so long ago that it was not popular to speak Gaelic in Ireland because the areas that Gaelic is spoken in were much poorer areas.

21. It's very homely, this castle. It doesn't have huge ballrooms. I didn't want a cold, cavernous place.

22. My core beliefs revolve around the idea that we should live to the best of our abilities-we should live and let live.


23. My first language is Gaelic. 


24. Over in the UK, the music press can be brutal. They can say wonderful things about you one week, and the next week, you're in the can.

25. People tend to think that because I need all this time on my own in the studio, that I need time on my own, period. And that's not really true.

26. Singing in Gaelic is very, very natural to do. I think lends itself very much so to being sung.


27. The Druids held the trees as very sacred.


28. The minuses of celebrity include having to live with security and the knowledge that you may be stalked.

29. The music sold itself before anybody knew who I was.

30. The personal appearances and red carpet events are very glitzy, but it's a bit false.



31. The ocean is a central image. It is the symbolism of a great journey.

32. The success of Watermark surprised me. I never thought of music as something commercial; it was something very personal to me.

33. There is no formula to it. Writing every song is a little journey. The first note has to lift you.


34. The writing of a melody is an emotional moment; success doesn't make it easy.

35. When I was growing up, I'd be in the choir. My mum was the organist in the church, so I'd sing in the church.

36. With my music, I can express myself so much. A lot of the fans can sense that I'm relating to them something that's quite personal.





37. When making music I sink myself into the process as deeply as I can and forget all of the success.

38. Writing music on your own makes you think a lot about your life. Who are you? Would you change anything about yourself? This is where it comes from.




39. Night has brought to those who sleep, only dreams they can not keep.

40. People listen to the music and sense what it is about. Sometimes they know exactly what the songs are about, sometimes they interpret their own meaning to the music, and that's great when this happens because it shows it's striking a chord.

41. I find it hard to work with other musicians because I know from experience that when they play, they play with their feeling, and that restricts me because I know I want to play in my own particular way.

What do you think of Enya's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts