Marilyn Manson Quotes

1. A lot of people don't want to make their own decisions. They're too scared. It's much easier to be told what to do.




2. Marilyn Monroe wasn't even her real name, Charles Manson isn't his real name, and now, I'm taking that to be my real name. But what's real? You can't find the truth, you just pick the lie you like the best.

3. I think art is the only thing that's spiritual in the world. And I refuse to forced to believe in other people's interpretations of God. I don't think anybody should be. No one person can own the copyright to what God means.


4. When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed.





5. We live in a society of victimization, where people are much more comfortable being victimized than actually standing up for themselves.


6. The burden of originality is one that most people don't want to accept. They'd rather sit in front of the TV and let that tell them what they're supposed to like, what they're supposed to buy, and what they're supposed to laugh at.




7. Part of me is afraid to get close to people because I'm afraid that they're going to leave.

8. When you're taught to love everyone, to love your enemies, then what value does that place on love?


9. Music is the strongest form of magic.




10. Find out what's really out there. I never said to be like me, I say be like you and make a difference.

11. People tend to associate anyone who looks and behaves differently with illegal or immoral activity.


12. Anybody intelligent enough to realize what America is, is not going to sit around and do nothing about it. They're going to be the same way that I am. They're going to be the same way our fans are. They're going to be pissed.

13. In the end we're all Jerry Springer Show guests, really, we just haven't been on the show.


14. Is adult entertainment killing our children? or is killing our children entertaining our adults?

15. I don't want to feel like I've matured. That's a stupid word that I never want to use.

16. This is the culture you're raising your kids in. Don't be surprised if it blows up in your face.


17. I don't encourage people to choose any sort of sexuality.

18. I am drawn to women who are independent and creative, which is problematic because it's a struggle, a competition of careers. There's jealousy.

19. Growing up going to Christian school and the concept that you're born a sinner and you don't really have a choice to change who you are has been hammered into my head and created the entire reason why I made art and made a band and made records called "Antichrist Superstar."


20. There's no reason to change what you are, but if you're not being you, then you need to acknowledge that.





21. I was married to someone who wanted me to change. Become more adult, more responsible. I began not to like myself, not like what I do. I lost my identity. Everything began collapsing around me.


22. It's better to use a curse word than to hurt somebody else, I find.


23. Leave me in a room with some crayons and I'll draw on the wall.



24. Marriage changes everything.

25. My goal isn't to make money, it's to try and survive and make a point.


26. People only hate what they see in themselves.




27. The word "Antichrist", to me, is the collective disbelief in god.




28. I fall in love very easily. 



29. They'll see it. And it doesn't matter if they don't. It's only Rock 'n' Roll. But I do intend to move more into the Mainstream. Marilyn Manson is just the First phase.


30. To me, Satan ultimately represents rebellion. 



31. I'm my most creative between 3 and 5 a.m. That's the way I've always been.



32. I'm kind of shy, and I think that I take that out by performing in front of a lot of people. That's how I get out my shyness.

33. If one more "journalist" makes a cavalier statement about me and my band, I will personally or with my fans' help, greet them at their home and discover just how much they believe in their freedom of speech.


34. The person who thinks I worship the devil and kill animals is just as important as someone who makes an interpretation that's closer to what I intended.


35. In any story, the villain is the catalyst. The hero's not a person who will bend the rules or show the cracks in his armor. He's one-dimensional intentionally, but the villain is the person who owns up to what he is and stands by it.


36. The time that people aren't expecting what's going to happen, I find that's the best time to really cause the damage that needs to be done.


37. There's a certain group of people who are always going to dislike me and disagree with whatever I say.


38. These people are artists. These people are musicians. They're taking it out and trying to express it that way.


39. Are people raised to be villains or vilified like I have become?

40. Art gives me the freedom I don't have when I make music.

41. As a kid I just felt like an outsider.

42. Everything is acting.


43. As a kid I had buck teeth and braces and acne. I hated what I saw. I'm still not comfortable, but that's why I change and adapt the way I look.


44. I can't satisfy myself with just trying to tie all of my imagination into music, especially when music is not appreciated as an art form as much as it used to be.


45. I dare you all to write one more thing that you won't say to my face.



46. I decided to make music again at a time when I couldn't have had more obstacles.

47. I went to one AA meeting and I got asked for an autograph.


48. I think everybody's got a presentation. Everybody looks a certain way because they want to convey a certain image. You look a certain way because you want people to listen to you in a certain way.


49. I used to have nightmares about the Antichrist - what would happen, where it would come from, and who it would be.

50. I'm not going to be some kind of PC, tree-hugger.


51. I've started to think that maybe I wouldn't mind passing my demented genius on to some small thing who can set fire and breathe profanity.


52. I've found a woman I can relate to. That's something - and I don't even feel sappy saying it - that, if anyone has that, don't lose it, because it's probably the only thing that you can ever really find any satisfaction from.


53. It's my job to be the Pierrot, the clown, in the theatrical sense.

54. Living in Hollywood, it's easy to have someone flatter you. That doesn't help me.

55. If what you do is being threatened as a profession, that could be scary. But that's the same reason why I walked out on stage many times after receiving death threats. I couldn't live without doing what I wanted to do. So at the same time I have to be willing to die for it.


56. Marilyn Manson is a criticism of gimmickry, while being itself a gimmick.

57. My dad loves what I do and I support my parents financially because they didn't have a job that gave them a pension.

58. Marilyn Manson is a mockery of American pop culture.


59. My first memories of religion were being taken to Episcopal church. My father was Catholic, but my mother, I believe, was Episcopal. So I sort of veered off into the watered-down version of Catholicism.

60. Sometimes you feel awkward being what you're best at, you feel like you have to be something new.


61. Rumors, stories…I'm used to them. I got my ribs removed, I was on "The Wonder Years"... You know there's a different story every day.



62. The point is that life for me is not going to be the way it is for everyone else. I have a fog machine and movie lights in my bedroom.


63. The advantage of the internet is that it has taken away the charade of politics. China has heard of democracy and people know about certain concepts they wouldn't have previously.


64. Things have become devalued to the point where people don't realize the repercussions, that they're devaluing themselves. It could end up bringing about chaos, a lawless situation.


65. What I know is my music gets blamed for school shootings.

66. To admit you want to have a comeback means you have to admit you weren't what you were supposed to be. You dropped below your own standard.

67. Ultimately, because I'm an artist, I can't ever consider myself a nihilist, so I suppose I'm optimistic.


68. When I finish a picture I don't show it to anyone if I feel it's not good enough yet. I've learnt to listen to my partners and my friends. For me it's the biggest success if they like it.







69. I fear being like everyone I hate, I fear failure, I fear losing control. I love balancing between chaos and control with everything I do. I always have a fear of going one way or another, getting lost in something, or losing everything to get lost in. And I fear being a completely acceptable sheep in society.


70. You should have to pass an IQ test before you breed. You have to take a driving test to operate vehicles and an SAT test to get into college. So why don't you have to take some sort of test before you give birth to children? When I am President, thats the first rule I will institute.

71. Music is the strongest form of magic.






72. I view my job as being someone who is supposed to piss people off. I don't want to be just one-of-the-guys. I don't want to be just a smiling face you see on television presenting some vapid kind of easily-digestible garbage.

73. What happens someday if more people own my record than the bible? That will make me god because a lot more people believe in me than him? Because it's just about popularity. There are plenty of people in the world now who have never heard of Jesus, while America takes him for granted. The key is to change what is popular. That's why rather than submit to the mainstream, you have to become it - then overcome it.


74. Americans talk so much about being individualistic, but they don't want you to be an individual because if you think for yourself then you're not going to be a part of any trend that they want you to be a part of. They don't want you to think for yourself. They tell you they do so that you're happy and you're stupid and you're sheep.  

75. I feel like someone who I wouldn't let my own daughter f... , and I also feel like someone who, if I was that daughter, would want to f... more that anyone else.




76. The fact that nobody liked me at school began to fade out of my mind like blue magic marker reminders scrawled on the back of a greasy fist.

77. It's the whole Nietzche philosophy of you are your own God. That's why I debase myself in the concerts and tell people to spit on me. I'm saying to them "You are no different from me".


78. I talked to Snoop Doggy Dogg today. Well I'm not sure if you could really call it talked because I could hardly understand what he was saying. But I think he was trying to communicate was that he wanted to work with me in some sort of capacity and something involving marijuana.


79. There is a hurricane blowing and just by knowing what you know, you have an advantage to the blind morons that surround you everyday. However not everyone can be saved. Ancient proverb: Don't bother telling the TRUTH to your friend because he already knows and don't bother telling the TRUTH to your enemy because he won't believe you. Civilize those you can and f... the rest. There are too many people in this world. It is not our responsibility to be constantly cleaning up after the weak-minded. Nature will eventually run its course and those too stupid to live will fortunately be crushed beneath the wheels of our progress. Assume your individuality. Culture can rob you of your uniqueness. That's how stereotypes exist, and not without reason. Anyone too wrapped up in the sheep mentality of their ethnicity can never truly express themselves as individuals. READ, Watch, LISTEN, DO what you want. BUT BE WARNED! You cannot have this freedom at no cost. You must pay in responsibility. If you listen to MARILYN MANSON and MURDER your FAMILY then you will go to jail. That's reality. If you decide to commit suicide for a song-SO LONG SUCKER! That kind of thinking has no place in our movement. Right now as a Family, as an Army we are limited as a minority. Laws bind us. But it is important to remember the law is only what is popular. Not what's right or wrong. Marilyn Manson rejects conventional morality and society's self-serving standards. When WE become the majority, we will decide who doesn't belong. As misanthropes and throw-away loads we will not submit to the mainstream. You will become it. And America should be very, very afraid. I AM YOU.

80. The complaints are from religious preachers who simply want publicity. Marilyn Manson isn't against God, but against organized religion…are just like any other heavy metal show, with kids dressed in black with painted faces. They're not dangerous.




81. After Jennifer was sent home safely with a designated driver, she later got behind the wheel of her own car for reasons known only to her.


82. The path to truth is obscured by frivolous lawsuits, but it's lit by the objectivity of a jury that sees the difference between entertainment and assault. I feel completely vindicated and I'd like to thank the jury and judge for their thoughtful verdict. It's a victory for art.

83. It wasn't anything spectacular or acrobatic. It was something I'd do a million times a show.



84. I need to broaden my horizons really.

85. If you want to find out who your real friends are, sink the ship. The first ones to jump aren't your friends.


86. I can't believe that you are for real, but I don't care as long as you're mine.

87. You wanted perfect, you got your perfect; but now I’m too perfect for someone like you.

88. I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.

89. You have to take responsibility, you reap what you sew, and you have to clean up after yourself. I'm sick of people always trying to blame movies, bands, songs, or talk shows, for whatever, teen suicides, drug overdoses, everything else. If someone's stupid enough to kill themselves over a song, then that's exactly what they deserve. They weren't contributing anything to society. It's one less f-ing idiot in the world. There's too many people, if more people killed themselves over music, it wouldn't disappoint me, it would disappoint me in that it's said that people are that stupid.


90. There's no time to discriminate, hate every mother f-cker that's in your way.


91. When will you realize you're already there? So watered down - your feelings have turned to mud.



92. The only ones left standing are the ones not demanding.

93. ADD TRD violent shining hate crime. Total requested dead. It's version pointless downloadable suicide.


94. This isn't music and we're not a band. We're five middle fingers on a mother f-ckin' hand.

95. This isn't a show, this is my f-cking life. I'm not ashamed, you're entertained. But I'm not a puppet, I am a grenade.

96. They love you when you're on the cover. When you're not, they love another.

97. Well everybody keeps coming up to me and saying: "Oh urm, I didn't know you were so intelligent." And well I say: "I didn't know you were so stupid, but…


98. Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar.






99. I've always been paranoid about the police, because even when I'm not doing anything illegal, I'm thinking about doing something illegal. So, whenever I'm around a cop, I get uncomfortable and nervous, worried that I'll say the wrong thing or look so guilty they'll arrest me anyway. Being completely out of my mind on drugs doesn't help the situation any.


100. You can kill yourself now, because you're dead in my mind. The boy that you loved is the monster you fear. Peel off all those eyes, crawl into the dark. You poisoned all your children to camouflage your scars. Pray unto the splinters, pray unto your fear, pray your life was just a dream, the cut that never heals.



101. (on the Columbine High School massacre) I wouldn't say a single word to them, I would listen to what they have to say, and that's what no one did.


102. I spent Y2K New Year's Eve drinking absinthe with Johnny Depp in France. We were ready for the apocalypse and when it didn't come we were very disappointed. So we drank more absinthe and set off fireworks. Since then, I don't drink absinthe, or drink booze.

103. (embroiled in a custody battle with Dita Von Teese over their collection of dead pets) I have four taxidermied baboons, two monkeys, a white peacock, a turtle and a wild boar. I went through a dramatic lifestyle change with my home after the break-up. I left it. When you get separated, you lose so much. I don't know what she'll say when I ask for them back.


104. (on meeting Justin Timberlake and his mother Lynn) I met Justin Timberlake and I liked him. I met his mother too. He brings her on tour with him, I guess as some sort of prop. When we met I had just watched this sex documentary, unfortunately for his mother, and the first thing I said to her was: "Did you know that a woman has three holes between their legs?" She was fascinated.


105. I say no to drugs, but they don't listen.






106. You have to be around people that are interested in having strange times. That doesn't always have to be depraved sex orgies, of course - it can be conservative sex orgies.


107. (addressing rumors he had ribs removed) If I really got my ribs removed, I would have been busy sucking my own d*ck on the wonder years instead of chasing Winnie Cooper. Besides, I wouldn't have sucked other people's d*cks on stage, either. I would have been sucking my own. Plus, who really has time to be killing puppies when you can be sucking your own d*ck? I think I'm gonna call the surgeon in the morning.

108. There are people accusing me that I'm sick, that I'm a danger to morals, western civilization and basically everything under the sun. And they've got these wild stories about me, completely off the wall, completely untrue. They thought them up and it makes you wonder what goes on in their brain, but of course, they don't consider themselves sick. They think they're normal because they don't dress like I do.

109. Music critics get their records for free so their opinions usually don't matter.


110. When people say "I want to be like you", I tell them: "If you want to be like me, then be yourself".








111. I'm thankful that I have two middle fingers…I only wish I had more.

112. I've always had the same level of excitement about making music, but now it seems so much more important because all of the blame that was put on me for Columbine. The entire incident, the way the media reacted, the people who were involved, the way I was treated, it hurt me personally because my career is my life. It made me feel a lot like how I felt growing up because it was a lot of people beating you down and treating you a certain way for something you're not even responsible for. I just really had to re-evaluate what I was gonna do; How am I gonna respond to this, how am I gonna take this? And I wanted to come out swinging with both fists.


113. (referring to The Polyphonic Spree at the MTV Video Music Awards 2004) If Mandy (Mandy Moore) and I had a love child (if she was old enough) this is what they'd look like.




114. It is a great feeling to write a song, but to be able to perform it, it takes on a whole different light.

115. I'm not saying that when I perform I'm Barry Manilow, but I'm also not killing kids and beating up dogs and things like that.


116. Society has traditionally always tried to find scapegoats for its problems. Well, here I am.




117. I'm tired of people calling me a devil worshipper. It's kind of pointless you know. Because if the Devil did exist, he'd be worshipping me, because I'm more successful than he is.

118. Times have not become more violent. They have just become more televised.


119. Billy Zane is someone that I met and is a fellow artist, and sometimes we work together, painting, however pretentious that might sound. It was really quite simple, though. We would just spend time together, hanging out, listening to music, or painting. We became friends. He was one of the first people I met when I moved to Hollywood. And I think he's a cool actor.

120. The ability to make small children cry at the grocery store I like better than the fame.




What do you think of Marilyn Manson's quotes?




Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts