RuPaul Quotes

1. If you don't love yourself, how in the hell you gonna love somebody else?





2. My goal is to always come from a place of love…but sometimes you just have to break it down for a m...


3. With hair, heels, and attitude, honey, I am through the roof.





4. We all came into this world naked. The rest is all drag.

5. All sins are forgiven once you start making a lot of money.



6. Look at me - a big old black man under all of this makeup, and if I can look beautiful, so can you.

7. Whatever you proclaim as your identity here in the material realm is also your drag. You are not your religion. You are not your skin color. You are not your gender, your politics, your career, or your marital status. You are none of the superficial things that this world deems important. The real you is the energy force that created the entire universe!


8. When you become the image of your own imagination, it's the most powerful thing you could ever do.


9. When the going gets tough, the tough reinvent.




10. True wealth is having a healthy mind, body, and spirit. True wealth is having the knowledge to maneuver and navigate the mental obstacles that inhibit your ability to soar.

11. I change clothes at least three times a day. It's the only way I can justify all the shopping I do. Prada to the grocery store? Yes! Gucci to the dry cleaner's? Why not? Dolce & Gabbana to the corner deli? I insist!


12. My attitude toward friendship has remained the same. I will support and encourage you with all the love in my heart, but if it's not reciprocal, I gotta go…If your friends are bitter about your success to the extent that they act out, don't expect them to change …Move on!

13. If you have goals and the stick-with-it-ness to make things happen, people will feel threatened by you, especially if your goals don't include them. They believe that if you take a piece of pie, then that leaves less pie for them. Seeing you follow your dreams leaves them realizing that they're not following theirs. In truth, there is unlimited pie for everyone!


14. Be very careful of what you allow to infiltrate your consciousness and subconsciousness. When you watch too much television, you'll start to feel inferior from all the commercials hard selling the idea that you're not complete unless you buy their product…The ad agencies appeal to your fear of not being wanted or loved. It's the same with the local news. They get you to stay tuned with a constant stream of fear tactics…It's as if our culture is addicted to fear and the flat screen is our drug dealer. Don't allow that crap into your head!

15. Walking with your chest out and your head held high says you have earned the right to stomp and pummel this particular piece of real estate.



16. It's a sort of piss-take on culture, because a drag queen is a clown - a parody of our society. It's a sarcastic spoof on culture, which allows us to laugh at ourselves - but in a way that is inclusive of everyone.


17. That's the queen I want to see from now on. From now on, queen, from now on.

18. Her legs are like peanut butter…easy to spread.

19. I think I can see her pink Cadillac.

20. Give us your best Karen Silwood.

21. Anybody who can step out of the house with a pair of heels and some lipstick on their lips is my hero.


22. Don't be afraid to use all the colors in the crayon box.


23. When I think about my Glamazon, would that character get down if someone said her thighs were heavy? No, she knows what other people think is none of her damn business.

24. I'm a regular Joe...I just have the unique ability to accessorize.


25. Style is a celebratory expression of your life force. You must approach it with a sense of joie de vivre.



26. Every time I bat a lash is a political statement.

27. Rise up and be fearless like a Maasai warrior. Stake your claim in this lifetime. Remember who you really are. Unleash the dragon and let these bitches have it!


28. Don't take life too seriously.






29. I do not impersonate females! How many women do you know who wear seven inch heels, four foot wigs, and skintight dresses?

30. Doing what I do for a living has never been easy. I've had to fight countless battles in this game that the public has no idea ever happened. But, I just pick myself up and carry on, I Carry On. 


31. I've dedicated my career to fighting the mundane. My hope is that my career will be a shining example to children everywhere that life is more meaningful when you are not afraid to see all colors of the rainbow. 



32. Remember, this country was founded by a bunch of men wearing wigs.

33. Never let anyone see you eating food while in drag.


34. (on his TV show "Drag Race") We're looking for showgirls, not some Tom, Dick or Harry who happens to have a pussycat wig and a pair of cha-cha heels. But hopefully we are inspiring a new crop of queens. The truth is we're all in drag. We're all playing dress-up. Even if you work on Wall Street or at McDonald's you're putting on a persona.




What do you think of RuPaul's quotes?




Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts