Christian Bale On Heath Ledger

After Heath Ledger's death, Christian Bale has opened up about his friendship with him, stating he was "proud" to have called him a "friend".


The two actors met when they both starred in the film "The Dark Knight" and despite them portraying sworn enemies, Bale as Batman and Ledger as the joker, they became pals.


When asked about the late Ledger, whose origin was Australia, Bale told Australian Radio Station 2day FM: "Of course, I have absolutely wonderful memories (of Heath). I'm very proud that I got to know him as a friend, and work with him, and he's as much a part of this movie, "The Dark Knight Rises", as he was "The Dark Knight"".

Bale also talked about his admiration for him as a fellow actor: "He created such a wonderful portrayal, that will always be remembered, and I'm very proud to have been a part of that."


It has to be mentioned that Bale then refused to discuss the reasons for his passing, explaining: "I know there are a lot of people out there who don't think this movie should be shown. But if you're asking my opinion, I think that's bloody insane. I also think it's an insult to Heath and everything he stood for. I don't think anything should be cut - I think it's the movie he wanted to make".

"The guy was brilliant. He was a fantastic actor and he put everything into this part. I absolutely know without question that he would have wanted everyone to see it. People ask me if I feel weird about the film and seeing it. I don't feel weird at all. I'll actually enjoy watching Heath in it," Bale continued.

"For me, this is a celebration of what he did best - entertain people. Why would any actor not want that to be appreciated? I know he would have. The bottom line is it would be totally rude not to. Respect the man. This is what he did. This is what he wanted to do," Bale was quoted as saying.


Bale added: "For me, grief is a private thing. Something you don't discuss in public. My only memories are of what a great talent he was."




It has to be noted that Ledger passed away in 2008 from an accidental overdose of prescription drugs.




Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts