Christian Louboutin Quotes

1. There is an element of seduction in shoes that doesn't exist for men. A woman can be sexy, charming, witty or shy with her shoes.


2. A naked woman in heels is a beautiful thing. A naked man in shoes looks like a fool.

3. A shoe has so much more to offer than just to walk.

4. High heels are pleasure with pain.


5. For me there ain't no high heel high enough.






6. I like to undress women - not to dress them. You know, like Manet's "Olympia" or Helmut Newton's photographs - naked women with shoes. This is what I am trying to do.

7. The shiny red color of the soles has no function other than to identify to the public that they are mine. I selected the color because it is engaging, flirtatious, memorable, and the color of passion.


8. I hate the idea of natural. For example, I prefer gardens to wild nature. I like to see the human touch. High heels are a complete invention - an extravagance. They're far from natural, but it's the impracticality that I adore. I prefer the useless to the useful, the sophisticated to the natural.

9. I mean, the shoe - there is a music to it, there is attitude, there is sound, it's a movement. Clothes - it's a different story. There are a million things I'd rather do before designing clothes: directing, landscaping.


10. Shoes for men are about elegance or wealth, they are not playing with the inner character. That is why women are happy to wear painful shoes.

11. Everyone has their dates. For me, it's 1991. I can place every memory of my life either before or after this date. It's the year I became an adult. My mother died, and I created my company shortly thereafter. I definitely would not have done it if she hadn't passed away.


12. I really wish I had invented the flip-flop. I love flip-flops. It's the one style of shoe I would be so proud of inventing: the Havaiana.





13. I always loved fish for the colors and birds for the plumage. In the same way, I loved those women of the cabaret. They were birds of paradise.

14. I wouldn't take it as a compliment if someone looked at one of my shoes and said: "Oh, that looks like a comfortable shoe." There is a heel that is too high to walk in, certainly. But who cares? You don't have to walk in high heels.


15. I wanted to be a shoe designer, but I never thought it could be a profession. But what was the alternative? Doctor? Too dirty! Air-hostess? Maybe not! Then someone gave me a book on Roger Vivier, and, cheri, instantly I knew that was it!

16. I was born 20 years after my eldest sister. I was the pampered child. That kind of love gives you an almost unbreakable backbone. My mother had three kids before me. She let me be completely free. I just never had anything to beat myself up over.






17. I'll do shoes for the lady who lunches, but it would be, like, a really nasty lunch, talking about men. But where I draw the line, what I absolutely won't do, is the lady who plays bridge in the afternoon!


18. I'm really not a fascist. Everyone wears what they feel great in, or comfortable with. It's a beautiful day, you have an armless shirt: it goes with flip-flops.




19. One thing I detest, I have to say, is when a shoe is too soft, and it's molding to the foot. This is quite disgusting. And I really, really hate incredibly long shoes, where the last is very pointy, almost like Aladdin.


20. People are proud of their tattoos. It's like a modern coat of arms.


21. The heel is engineering in itself. This little thing that supports the human weight has to have a precise balance.



22. There's nothing I liked visually of the period I was a child. There was no dream in it, and nothing sparkled.

23. What was called extreme 20 years ago definitely isn't extreme anymore. When I started, I remember people saying: "Oh my God, I can't walk in that!" It was like, three inches - they look like kitten heels now.


24. When a woman puts on a heel, she has a different posture, a different attitude. She really stands up and has a consciousness of her body.







25. The shoe is very much an X-ray of social comportment.

26. When a woman buys a pair of shoes, she never looks at the shoe. She stands up and looks in the mirror, she looks at the breast, the ass, from the front, from the side, blah blah blah. If she likes herself, then she considers the shoe.


27. I am not producing pills to cure people, so I feel that the whole system should be slightly joyful.




28. My favorite sound is definitely mules. If it was an instrument, it's really pingthe touch of the black keys of the piano.

29. The core of my work is dedicated not to pleasing women but to pleasing men.


30. I hate the concept of the clog! It's fake, it's ugly, and it's not even comfortable! And I hate the whole concept of comfort! It's like when people say: "Well, we're not really in love, but we're in a comfortable relationship." You're abandoning a lot of ideas when you are too into comfort. "Comfy"that's one of the worst words! I just picture a woman feeling bad, with a big bottle of alcohol, really puffy. It's really depressing, but she likes her life because she has comfortable clogs.

31. I thought, if I were in a wheelchair, I'd like to be in super-high heels. But it's funny. People have a strong relationship to their body, and it was quite moving, I thought, that this person, who is paralyzed, still cares about what's correct for her feet.

32. Really good taste, you have to forget about it. We have a phrase in French: "Le petit quelque chose qui fout tout par terre," which means: "The little thing that f**** everything up".



What do you think of Christian Louboutin's quotes?



Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts