Vanessa Redgrave Quotes

1. A theater is being given over to market forces, which means that a whole generation that should be able to do theater as well as see it is being completely deprived.


2. Ask the right questions if you're to find the right answers.

3. Integrity is so perishable in the summer months of success.


4. Shakespeare lets us see real people undergoing real processes, with real feelings.





5. The society Shakespeare knew was heading for tremendous change, and he seems to have recognized that and written about it in a coded way. I understand those codes, I think.

6. Theater and poetry were what helped people stay alive and want to go on living.


7. (accepting her Oscar for Julia 1977) My dear colleagues, I thank you very, very much for this tribute to my work. I think that Jane Fonda and I have done the best work of our lives, and I salute you and I pay tribute to you, and I think you should be very proud that in the last few weeks you have stood firm and you have refused to be intimidated by the threats of a small bunch of Zionist hoodlums (interrupted by boos) whose behavior is an insult to the stature of Jews all over the world and to their great and heroic record of struggle against fascism and oppression. And I pledge to you that I will continue to fight against anti-Semitism and fascism. Thank you. 

8. I choose all my roles very carefully so that when my career is finished I will have covered all our recent history of oppression.





9. I've opened my mouth on a lot of subjects. And I thought the more prestige you get, I'd have the power to do what I like. It's not true.

10. I don't think I ever felt beautiful until I was pregnant and when I gave birth to my children. I had terrible acne when I was a teenager and I was very tall, so tall I couldn't see myself in my mother's long mirror.


11. I don't consider myself beautiful at all, I'm usually running around like a scruff.


12. It's a kinky part of my nature - to meddle.

13. Analyzing the problem is vital. It's the only way you're going to arrive at the right thing to do.

14. I give myself to my parts as to a lover.


15. Anybody can lose their job and have nothing. And people mind having nothing.





16. America is gangsterism for the private profit of the few.

17. How can we help the people in the audience-and ourselves-remove the cobwwebs that prevents us all from being able to reach and touch things?


18. I have a tremendous use for passionate statement.




19. Of course, I am misrepresented very often, but so is everybody who has got something to say.

20. I would have liked to have more children. I had always wanted five children when I was younger. That was my dream, I wanted five and I don't think I would have been bothered if it had turned out to be six. In the end, I had four, but I lost one of them, the fourth one. I had a miscarriage.


21. We all come to the theatre with baggage. The baggage of our daily lives, the baggage of our problems, the baggage of our tragedies, the baggage of being tired. It doesn't matter what age you are. But if our hearts get opened and released - well that is what theatre can do, and does sometimes, and everyone is thankful when that happens.


22. (Speaking of her parents (Michael & Rachel), sister Lynn, and brother Corin) We are the sprigs of a great and beautiful tree.

23. Serbia has no right, under national or international law, to Kosovo.


24. I've come to see through the course of my life that people understand what I've tried to do, however inadequately I do it. I've just found people have come to understand me and be glad that I tried to do what I tried to do. And I do feel very inadequate about it, but I feel I must try… I think that any citizen can understand that you must raise your voice and do the best you can to speak out.

25. The British and American governments are about to destroy all hopes for peace anywhere in our world for ever. This war has already begun.


What do you think of Vanessa Redgrave's quotes?



Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts