Adam Levine Quotes

1. I can single-handedly dispel any ideas that sexuality is acquired. Trust me, youre born with it. My brother is gay, and we knew when he was two.


2. Yoga takes what you have and molds and sculpts it, which is a much more natural way to look and feel.

3. It's sweet that I don't have to do my laundry.


4. The fact that gay marriage isn't legal everywhere at this point is a joke. But there are things now that you never thought would have existed, so I think that were kind of in good shape.

5. The only reason I became the singer in the band is because I sang the best. It wasn't out of some desire to be a star or be a famous singer. It's not like I love interviews.


6. You know when you're 14 and terrified to talk to a girl? I didn't suffer much from that. It seemed very natural to me to talk to girls.


7. Caffeine is like a really attractive girl that has nothing to say. You get all jacked up on it and then you're left feeling hollow and empty. You drink eight cups of Starbucks, you might as well have done cocaine.

8. That shows become a part of me. Being in a position where you can help these people out and of course I get paid, and of course it's good for my career as well. But there's a lot of real talent, and it makes me excited to know I'm part of that.


9. I do believe that I deserve what I have. I don't think I'm entitled to it. That's a big difference.

10. I can't f... with American Idol. Its a cultural institution.

11. We straddle this world of pop music and this world of...I don't even know what it is, but we're very much in this kind of in-between place.

12. Let's face it, I only practice yoga because the classes are always packed with beautiful women.


13. A lot of my emotional issues come from dealing with the opposite sex. I've come to terms with the fact that I'll be retired before I can finally enter into a healthy relationship.

14. Men need to live and breathe women.


15. I've spent my 20s on tour and there's no consistency in my life, which can take its toll.


16. Yoga carves you into a different person - and that is satisfying physically.



17. There are many things that keep me from getting married. But there will be a time when marriage makes sense to me.

18. What's always pissed me off about Idol is wanting to mask that, for that to go unspoken. C'mon. You cant be publicly gay? At this point? On a singing competition? Give me a break.


19. "The Voice" was the first real job I've ever had that wasn't just messing around with music.







20. And I think I have a distinct voice.

21. There are so few bands at this point that are touring bands that are for real. There's a lot of smoke and mirrors these days, so it's nice. I think we both have the same touring ethic in that we both go out there and hit the road and do it the old-fashioned way still.


22. My job means I work late.




23. "The Voice" is built on positivity. Once we started filming, I knew that America was really going to love it.

24. As a pop star, you don't have to be that smart for people to think you're intelligent.


25. Perez asked me to do it. I found it strange that one of the biggest bullies on Earth is asking me. I was really not a fan of his. I thought he was part of the problem.


26. Nobody has it all, but for me to even come close is amazing.

27. Before I go on stage I pretend that everyone loves me.

28. Music was a way of rebelling against the whole rah-rah high school thing.


29. At any Maroon 5 concert, you'll see a room backstage marked "yoga."

30. Eventually I want to focus on being a completely different person because I don't know if I want to do this into my 40s and 50s and beyond, like the Rolling Stones.


31. Furnishing a home is no different than going into the studio and making music. You want to make sure you've pared down all the extra details so that in the end, every stitch has a context uniquely yours.


32. I absolutely loathe the idea of doing a fragrance simply as a moneymaker. Personal brand to make money? Vomit.


33. Nothing wrong with making money.





34. I have to usually drink a little tequila, that's usually what happens, I get into celebratory mode, because I can't really party much on the road because I sing every night, so that's an important thing. Hang out with friends, loved ones, family.

35. I don't date my girlfriend because she's a model. I date her because I love her.


36. Peer pressure plays a huge role in people's desire to get married.






37. Kind of a nice change of pace from everything…not hectic, very serene, very pretty, a lot of nature, a lot of hills and mountains and beautiful countryside. it was very relaxing. We had a lot of fun and drank a lot of red wine.


38. I don't know if it's possible to live the rock 'n roll lifestyle and still be romantic.





39. I don't want to be an actor, but why not take these opportunities when they come to you? I'm not killing myself auditioning, chasing that dream.

40. People see you on TV every day, they start knowing your name. You know, I was always just the guy from Maroon 5 until I became myself.


41. I think those three voices together might sound interesting. I'm really excited about this tour because there's so many great singers and so many great musicians. I can guarantee there's going to be some sort of collaboration.

42. Not every song has to be about love and tenderness, sometimes you have those strictly physical feelings for somebody and it's okay to have those feelings.

43. I don't think any relationship responds well to pressure.


44. A year and a half ago, my trainer recommended I try working with Alanna to help with my flexibility issues. I'm naturally very tight in lower back and my hips and hamstrings too. My first class felt like someone was ripping my body apart. It wasn't what you'd call peaceful. But I was excited by the idea that the more dedicated I became the more effortless it would become to relax and give in to that tightness. Yes, the torture subsided a bit over time.

45. I have a high self-opinion - I don't need to hide that. I don't need to be self-deprecating.






46. I felt like people only knew me as a singer who dated pretty girls.

47. Seriously, "Honey Boo Boo" is the decay of Western civilization. Just because so many people watch the show doesn't mean it's good. 


48. It's a really big struggle for me to write a song. Songs take either 30 seconds for me to write or a year or two to piece together, depending on the song and how I'm feeling on any given day. I don't really like to write music at all unless I am completely unbothered by touring.

49. I hate flying. Know why? Because no one really understands how planes actually work.





50. I have a very all-over-the-place lifestyle. The people I know who are married - 90 percent of them have houses and live in the same place and sleep in the same bed every night.


51. I never got down with conveying a larger-than-life vibe.

52. We thought we needed a female touch, and you know, she was just perfect. We really wanted to get a great female singer to add to the song. She was our first choice and we made it happen, and we love her.

53. Playing a show before thousands of people is a highly unnatural state and when I get on the mat to do an hour of yoga before the show, I come out physically relaxed.


54. Every male secretly wants sex with Brad Pitt.




55. I love music videos, I really do. I think it's kind of sad that it's a dying art form.

56. I play in a band, I write songs, I sing, you know, perform on stage.


57. I was a huge Beatles fan. The Stones, Dylan. Later on, I got into Stevie Wonder, and Bill Withers - he's one of my heroes. Al Green, too.

58. So many people witness atrocities and can't take their eyes away from them, but that doesn't mean they're good.


59. The best thing about Mick Jagger is how uncalculating he is. He does what he wants to do and it feels right. He's not a dancer - neither am I.






60. I'm fiercely independent, but I'm also terrified of being alone.

61. I'm extremely fascinated by marriage. I want to study marriage. I want to learn about it. I want to know it. I want to figure out whether or not I want to do it. I'm not just going to leap into it, because that's not good for anybody.


62. I'm intelligent enough to survive happily and be compassionate. If I were too smart, I would realize all the ills of the world.



63. Stevie Wonder is just one of those guys that completely delivers everything that you want to be true about Stevie Wonder. He's an amazing human being, and the fairytale exists with that man.


64. I've always felt a little misrepresented in the world.







65. In real life, I am emotionally confused, which enables me to write songs. I'm a Pisces, and they say that Pisces are very sensitive. If men were just honest with themselves, they would see that they all have that side.


What do you think of Adam Levine's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts