Alicia Silverstone Quotes

1. Once people spend time with farm animals in a loving way…a pig or cow or a little chicken or a turkey, they might find they relate with them the same way they relate with dogs and cats. People don't really think of them that way because they're on the plate. Why should they be food when other animals are pets? I would never eat my doggies.


2. I love cooking and one of my favorite things to do with my husband is open up the refrigerator.


3. I'm vegan for political, moral reasons, thinking that I was making this great sacrifice, but it was absolutely necessary; I was not going to contribute to the violence in the world anymore.



4. I'd die if I was Madonna. I'd die. God, what a horrible way to live. And Michael Jackson! To be so famous and to feel so isolated. I feel so bad for them. I don't know how it feels, and I hope it never happens to me.


5. People think: "Wow, you're an actress, so people must be really nice to you and kiss your ass." NOBODY kisses my ass.


6. Animals are being exploited in such an unbelievable way; it's not acceptable. PETA is trying to get your attention, and they're successful at it…If you talk to people who grew up on a farm, they'll tell you that they had an experience where they were taking care of a cow, and one day their parents took it away and killed it. It's a torturous experience for them, and that's when they became hard. People are taught to be grown-up or whatever, and that's dumb. That bond they had with that cow or chicken was real.

7. One of the things that often frustrates me with cookbooks is that there are one or two recipes that are really good and the rest of them are not so great.




8. My boyfriend calls me "princess", but I think of myself more along the lines of "monkey" and "retard".


9. Nothing's changed my life more. I feel better about myself as a person, being conscious and responsible for my actions and I lost weight and my skin cleared up and I got bright eyes and I just became stronger and healthier and happier. Can't think of anything better in the world to be but be vegan.

10. My attention since "Clueless" has been on family, relationships, activism, the planet, and my career.




11. We always had dogs, so I understood all the joy and the love animals are capable of giving. It's crazy to me that some people have dogs in their homes, but they treat them more like furniture.


12. Yoga makes me feel really sexy.






13. I never count calories, but I eat so well.

14. There was a point when I was so sick of this physical perfection thing that I thought it would be good for all young girls to eat burgers and sweets as a rebellion but I don't think that anymore because it's not healthy.


15. I don't have any understanding of a human being who doesn't respect the beauty of life and that goes for all creatures that have thoughts, feelings and needs.




16. When you're offered things, it makes it so much easier to be indecisive. And it's silly because you can pass on some really amazing things.


17. I think I can deceive people. I'm like, the nice, sweet girl when you meet me. And I don't have any bad intentions. But I'm a bad girl too.




18. What I learned from doing "The Graduate" was it doesn't matter what the medium is...as long as the material is inspiring and the characters are well written.

19. I think people want love in their lives.


20. I know what it feels like to be hurt, and I don't want to cause that pain to any other person or creature. But somehow, in society, we numb ourselves in order to make money or to feel better about ourselves, such as with cosmetics or food. We say to ourselves: "I'm going to use this animal. I'm going to say it doesn't have much worth so that I can allow myself to do these cruel things". And that just isn't fair.

21. From 19 to 28 there was a lot of turmoil in my life, but in a stuck way. Then, around 28, my life started to get shaken up. I realized I wanted to grow more and that anything that wasn't working in my life, I could fix it. I feel like I came into my womanhood. And that was when I got married.

22. I think people that genuinely do good are great people. And I don't think: "Oh, there must be something wrong with them". I think that there's something wrong with the people who aren't doing good.


23. I'm reachable for people, I'm not out of their league. I'm just a normal girl.


24. Everything you do in the name of the environment not only saves your health, it saves your soul.






25. (on her "chocolate is better than sex" quote) I was interviewed when I was 17 and I didn't actually say that. It was the worst piece of journalism that I've ever been involved with.


26. I think any time anybody says something nasty about you, it's hard to deal with it.




27. Being vegan just gives you such great karma.

28. I'm not obsessed with being in the public eye. It's not my job to impress people - I'm really just a working actress and I like to pick projects and do things that really inspire me.


29. I don't feel like a dream girl, but I think it's really nice. I guess a part of me wishes I got that sort of attention in my real life. Because in my real life, I'm this weird, dorky girl who just hangs out with her dog.


30. I've had so many crushes on gay boys.


31. The things that move me and excite me aren't necessarily going to be box-office hits all the time. My favorite film I've ever done was "Love's Labour's Lost" (2000) and I think - in box-office terms - barely one person saw it. But I still think it's the greatest movie and I don't care if anybody doesn't like it. I saw it in seven different countries and the audience would leave the theatre dancing. I think that's a pretty incredible thing.

32. I truly loved doing the videos, but it has been hard hearing all the time that you're just the Aerosmith chick.


33. When I was 18 years old I went to Shakespeare Company, the school, and I wrote a poem about my leaves - I felt like a tree that had no leaves. That is the life at 18.





34. My favorite thing in the world is a box of fine European chocolates which is, for sure, better than sex.

35. Some days I wake up and think "what's wrong" and I'd realize it's nothing other than waking up in a not so great a mood. Generally I feel good though. I go to yoga, I feel great. I love to wake up on Sundays - just hang out with the dogs.


36. I hate to shop.


37. My parents taught me about other cultures. I spent time in Africa, Cuba, Europe, Jamaica, the Amazon and that was nothing to do with work.

38. I was a foodie and I continue to be a foodie.

39. Clothes make me dizzy.

40. To be put in a position at 15 where people are saying how sexy you are is really awkward, so I did all I could to try and diffuse that. It's only now that I've started to feel like I've become a lady.


41. I've been wanting to have a baby since I was 2 years old - I'm destined to be a mother.




42. I'm very uncomfortable with my body, and I'm not interested in people seeing it on screen.

43. I'm always looking for inspiration.


44. When I was 8 years old, my brother was making the noises of the animals I was eating, so I decided to go vegetarian. Then I would give up because I was 8.




45. I don't want to be known as the Aerosmith chick, but it's fun to put on the boots and makeup and act like a tough girl.


46. I'm so comfortable and happy with the woman that I am.


47. As human beings we're so cynical, so uncompassionate.



48. I'm surprised by the fact that I like the word "husband." I thought I would hate it.

49. I don't take any of the medications I took when I was younger: antibiotics, antacids, aspirin, asthma inhalers, ulcer medication, allergy shots.


50. Creative collaboration is awesome.

51. I think the film "Clueless" was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness.

52. I knew that I wanted to be a film actress and I never watched TV. I was always too busy.


53. I came from a generation of actors for whom TV was taboo.





54. I don't have time for friends.

55. I didn't want to get married - I thought it was like a cult! It seemed so conservative and unnatural.


56. I don't just want to be the girl boys get excited about, I have no desire for people to see me in a sexy way. I won't do nudity ever.



57. I don't know what anxiety is like anymore.



What do you think of Alicia Silverstone's quotes?



Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts