Corey Haim Quotes

1. I was working on "The Lost Boys" (1987) when I smoked my first joint. But a year before that, I was starting to drink beer on the set of the film "Lucas" (1986). I lived in Los Angeles in the '80s, which was not the best place to be. I did cocaine for about a year and a half, then it led to crack. I started on the downers which were a hell of a lot better than the uppers because I was a nervous wreck. But one led to two, two led to four, four led to eight, until at the end it was about 85 a day - the doctors could not believe I was taking that much. And that was just the valium - I'm not talking about the other pills I went through.

2. I think maybe ten years from now, I'm hopefully going to be, in like, Tahiti or something. Kicking back like in my huge mansion, if everything goes right, it's all up to me.


3. (on cameo in "Crank 2") My first day of filming, I went in my camper for a minute, and I just started crying, because I was, like, home. And I'm just so grateful. It's a cameo. But, like, Ricky Schroder did a cameo in "Crimson Tide", and then boom! He got NYPD Blue.




4. What does kissing really mean to me? To me, if you feel, when you kiss a girl, that certain feeling of all those dolphins, like, swimming through your blood stream, and you get those good tingles inside your stomach, I don't think there's any better feeling.


5. (on battle with drug abuse) It's one day at a time. It's one second at a time-it's really one millisecond at a time sometimes. But you gotta grind your teeth and bear it. There's no way to get around it. It's just time, effort and support - and you gotta reach out and ask for help.

6. I've gotten to work with some great people. I've been really lucky.


7. I play keyboards and sing. I've written a couple of songs too.

8. Um, you know, they have every right to feel the way they do and things are great with me, as you see, I'm very, good shape now and on the ball. Things are happening.

9. I'd love to see the rushes but it's just not allowed because directors and also a lot of actors feel that if they see their work, and the director likes what they're doing, the actor might try to correct their mistakes.


10. (on effects of molestation) It's something that will be addressed in my inner soul for the rest of my life, and it's something that truly affects me, and I opened up a can of worms, so to speak. Every day I opened up, like, a can of sardines. It's something I've addressed. Psychiatrists can be helpful. They have the medications and blah-blah-blah. But I don't want any of that, man. I've dealt with this, and I'm dealing with this-second by second, minute by minute, day by day. Everything's cool. It's just like, It happened, it's over, and move on. Let's move on to the next subject.

11. (on his drug-induced stroke) I was numb and I had lots of swollen lymph nodes, my heart was hurting and I had blood clots in my arm and leg.



12. I'm trying to get in the habit of, you know, picking up a book and learning how to write my feelings down, not my feelings but my thoughts, about things, and hopefully I'll moving toward the writing and directing thing soon.


13. I have a doggy, a Japanese Akita, who I live to play with.

14. Is there someone I look up to? Uh, yeah. Um. I look up to John Ritter, just because, I guess, he's a physical comedian. Um, and I enjoy that.

15. It basically comes down to that word: Love. I guess that's what it's all about.

16. You are what you wear. I wear something different everyday.


17. I want to be the guy they talk about when they talk about comebacks. I want people to learn from me, see I'm human, and understand that I make mistakes just like they do, but it doesn't have to consume you. You've got to walk through the raindrops, and that's totally what I am trying to do.


18. I make myself pizza if it comes down to that drastic measurement.

19. This is where you make new friends and you start living and learning. So I'm a late bloomer, I'm 36, but hey, I'm learning. Every day's a learning experience, right?


20. Well, my favorite roles so far are "Lucas" and "Lost Boys".








21. Corey Feldman and I did sneak into the screening room one day during "Lost Boys".


What do you think of Corey Haim's quotes?


Feel free to comment share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts