Diane Kruger: "I Punished Many Boys"

Diane Kruger reveals to Marie Claire UK about her early boyfriend problems, therapy and affair with Joshua Jackson in an August cover story.


Kruger, 36, states that becoming famous at first gave her a wrong sense of success.

"For a long time I felt that I was so accomplished," Kruger told the mag, noting: ""Oh I speak three languages, I travel the world, I've seen so many things."" But when I turned 30 I realized I was an idiot. I didn't know sh*t about anything."


When Kruger decided to enter therapy several years ago, it helped her realize things more clearly.

She explained that "therapy's not about getting help; it's facilitating yourself to deal better with life in general."


And it's also more widely accepted in her adopted country than in Germany.


"My friends ask: "What's wrong with you?" But here everyone talks about (therapy), and I really like that about America,"  Kruger was quoted as saying.



Before falling in love with Jackson, Diane struggled with her  relationships.

She admitted: "Oh, I'm sure I punished many boys for my lack of a father figure. And I'm sure I dated many men who were much older than the men I should have been dating."


"But at the end of the day, I'm not bitter," Kruger claimed, adding: "I love men. I want a family myself. I'm not angry with him anymore."

She continued: "All relationships are hard. It doesn't matter what job you have, or how famous or miserable or poor you are. It's about commitment. The hard part is the timing. When you meet someone, are you ready to make them your number-one priority?"

Jackson appears to be the ideal man.

"I'm grateful that I met a person who feels the same not just about me, but about our relationship," Kruger revealed.



Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!


Comments

Popular Posts