Demi Lovato Quotes

1. I never found out until I went into treatment that I was bipolar.


2. Confidence starts with beauty. Beauty begins from comfort within.

3. Sometimes we're gonna have our bad days, but we must continue to work to be great…Keep smiling. It looks beautiful on you!


4. Now I'm just trying to help others, I speak to tons of teens at concerts, I need time I get to meet them.


5. I try to keep it real. I don't have time to worry about what I'm projecting to the world. I'm just busy being myself.



6. I like my booty and my thighs. I have curves. Get over it.

7. When you start to beat yourself up, remind yourself of how worthy you are of love.


8. I dance in the shower…You won't see that.




9. It's a big responsibility dating me. Because I come with a little bit of baggage, you know?

10. Find someone who finds you beautiful with no makeup while wearing sweatpants...You'll never feel more loved.


11. I don't make many mistakes but somehow I'm always in trouble. I'd love to be who you want me to be, but that's not me.



12. Music and acting are amazing. My passions. But my biggest dream in life is to become a wife and a mother…THAT'S what life is about…


13. The fact that you have the ability to stand on stage and sing while you're crying is so brave.

14. My name is Demi but you can call me Lil Wayne for short.

15. There's not one type of beautiful.


16. My personal style is kind of sophisticated edgy, I guess. I wear a lot of black and it's what I feel comfortable in.



17. I want my music to do the explaining.



18. Trust no one.

19. In order to recover from any addiction, you have to surrender and recognize what you need to overcome.


20. No matter what you're going through, there's a light at the end of the tunnel and it may seem hard to get to it but you can do it and just keep working towards it and you'll find the positive side of things.

21. Words can hurt. They hurt me. Things were said to me that I still haven't forgotten.


22. I think sober is sexy, it's cool. I think it's way cooler to be above the influence than under the influence.


23. Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile.

24. I want to be fearless.


25. A picture of my little sister, on my little bulletin board, was one of the main things that kept me going.



26. Ladies, never sit on a boy's lap when you've earned your own seat.

27. I was performing concerts on an empty stomach. I was losing my voice from purging. I was self-medicating.


28. I've come to realize your career is all about the choices you make. Every single one matters.



29. I am afraid of elevators.

30. If the world runs out of chocolate today…It was not my fault.


31. Lashing out was my cry for help. Wow, who was I to do that? I'm very ashamed. I wasn't in the right state of mind at all.

32. Love is louder then the pressure to be perfect.

33. Selena and I aren't as close as we used to be, but she'll always have a place in my heart.


34. Sometimes I think: "Why couldn't I have been normal?"


35. Stick together with the people you know you can trust. There may not be many, but they are all you need.

36. One of the hardest parts about recovery, is accepting loneliness.

37. I don't have many deal breakers. I've done so much in my life, it doesn't feel right to judge other people.


38. Being famous is cool and it's so random and sometimes it's just pretty awkward when people run up to me.



39. I am unbroken. I've been through a lot but I'm still here today and I'm not broken.


40. I don't think there's going to be a day when I don't think about food or my body, but I'm living with it, and I wish I could tell young girls to find their safe place and stay with it.

41. I don't really have a celebrity crush anymore…I used to have one and now it's really embarrassing 'cause now I know him.


42. The mirror can lie, it doesn't show you what's inside.





43. I have come to realize making yourself happy is most important. Never be ashamed of how you feel. You have the right feel any emotion you want, and do what makes you happy. That's my life motto.


44. My favorite food is Italian. anything with cheese actually. I love cheese!


45. I don't care what my haters say, cause they're still talking about me.

46. I pray every night before I go to sleep and every morning when I wake up.



47. Everyone knows that I love John Mayer.




48. To be someone's inspiration is the biggest goal in my life.

49. Music is my band aid. It heals everything for me.


50. I am a normal teen. I'm just a little busier.

51. I believe in aliens. I think it would be way too selfish of us as mankind to believe we are the only lifeforms in the universe.

52. I feel like I just died, and came back to life as poop.


53. Just because you're on Disney and you're always smiling, they think you're perfect and it's obvious that nobody's life really is.



54. I was just so sick. I thought that orange juice was going to make me fat.


55. I'm not saying I'm perfect, or fixed, but I am learning to love and accept myself. My outlook is more positive and I am happy.

56. Smart listens to the head. Stupid listens to the heart. BE STUPID!

57. Recovery is something that you have to work on every single day and it's something that it doesn't get a day off.


58. I was depressed. I would come off stage in front of 18,000 people and suddenly be alone in a hotel room.


59. The only thing I could see myself doing is music.

60. I'm honest about the journey I've been on, so I definitely don't take dating lightly anymore.


61. I'm very passionate about my dreams, my goals and my hobbies.



62. My biggest reason to live is my fans.


63. What I like to do for fun…I like going to see movies with my friends…I'm also addicted to Pinkberry.


64. My love for you is like a McDonald's french fry…It lasts forever!

65. I am totally a text addict!


66. Everyone has the bully or the mean girl or the ex-boyfriend who tried to bring them down.



67. I feel like I'm held more accountable to stay healthy now because now I'm a role model to young girls to not have eating issues and to not say: "Hey, it's OK to starve yourself" or "It's OK to throw up after your meals" - that's not OK.


68. I love my fans more than Christmas AND new years!




69. Achievement comes to those who are willing to walk as far as it takes till you get to what few have.

70. He's not your prince charming if he doesn't make sure you know that you're his princess.


71. In treatment, all of the negative things I did were stripped away and I had to start processing my feelings.




72. Having feelings for someone isn't worth it, unless they make you feel special…irreplaceable…beautiful...Like you're the only one.


73. If I decided I'm the girl to change the world, I can do it anytime.






74. After hundreds of auditions and nothing, you're sitting home and wondering: "What am I doing?"

75. I need somebody who's going to be there for me, and who's not going to be afraid of my recovery process.


76. Not being afraid of what others think is attractive…Being judgmental is NOT!


77. Without music it would be really, really hard to survive.

78. People don't realize how badly verbal harassment and cyber bullying affects you, what they said to me sticks to me to this day.

79. Creativity is what helps me escape a lot of my inner demons.


80. Being a celebrity can be dangerous. Nobody says "no."



81. I don't think I was ever…trying to kill myself but I knew that if I'd ever gone too far…I wouldn't care.

82. I didn't come here to tell you my sob story, I came here to tell you it gets easier.


83. I don't see myself doing television, but I do see myself directing.

84. It really surprises me the hateful things people say on the internet…After all the awareness of cyber bullying…I mean wow. So sad.

85. I learned that you go through things, you deal with them and that's what empowers you and ultimately makes you a happy person.


86. I knew from the second I stepped onstage. I was like, yep, this is what I want to do.





87. Technically, if a girl wants to sparkle she can put on glitter but I think the correct answer would be a smile because no one pays attention to your short when you have a nice smile on your face.


88. I became very depressed, and my only way of coping with it was through my eating disorder, so I just stopped eating.


89. The connection with my fans is so incredible, I can't even explain it.



90. My tattoos are reminders to hang in there when things get tough.

91. I know that I have a voice and can use it for good or bad. It's a gift from God.


92. I know first hand what it's like to be called names and to be affected by things. They would call me fat, they would call me promiscuous in different words. At the time, when I was 12-years-old, that was like the end of the world. To me, bullying is one of my biggest platforms. Let's change the world.

93. You just gotta believe in yourself and take chances.


94. I'm kind of digging Trey Songz…he's pretty hot. We followed each other on Twitter and direct message each other. He's pretty awesome.



95. Rocker dudes don't have a lot of swagger.

96. When there's smoke there's fire...And I'm not gonna stick around just to be burned.


97. Music is really therapeutic and I definitely don't hold anything back. Music is an opportunity for me to let things out emotionally.

98. Praying for all the people in the world who feel it's okay to bully people over the internet because if you are one of those people, then you must have had something really terrible happen to your childhood or you're really sick in the head. Must suck to be born without a heart.


99. Everything in the universe serves a purpose.

100. I wish planes would tell you if they're going to have internet, food, or an outlet to charge your phone BEFORE the flight!


101. I still had a normal childhood with my friends from school.

102. These things called "blind items" are made up stories by people who won't name names because they don't want to be sued...


103. I'm worthy enough, beautiful enough, and I don't need anything else to feel whole.

104. I'm really excited about these songs. I feel like I've really grown as a songwriter with my last few songs, and I'm anxious to see what the fans think of them.


105. Where I am today…I still have my ups and downs, but I take it one day at a time and I just hope that I can be the best that I can possibly be, not only for myself, but also young people that are out there today that need someone to look up to.

106. (about Camp Rock) I never wanted a part more than this in my life.


107. I never thought that I'd be a role model. Everyone kind of just made me a role model, and I hated that.

108. You see, this heart, won't settle down; just like a child, running, scared, from a clown.


109. Don't let a boy break your heart. Break theirs first. I'm just kidding! Totally kidding! Kind of.

110. It was a confidence booster. My character and I both like to rock out and now we're not afraid to!

111. One of the most scariest thing in life, is when you come to the realization that the only thing that can save you, is…yourself.


112. No, I just see myself as Demi Miley is amazing and has built a hugely successful career, so I respect that. It's just that, again, we're two totally different artists and there's room for everyone to be themselves in this business. I'm just trying to be Demi right now!

113. Don't judge me. You know my name, NOT my story.

114. I hope to do a collaboration with Kelly Clarkson. (She) has been my idol growing.

115. I think I've definitely had my rock bottom and I think that was probably right before I went into treatment where I said: "I definitely need help."


116. Insecurity kills all that is beautiful.





117. We need to make mistakes in order to avoid them in the future.

118. After so long being thin, it was terrifying being heavier. But I am a naturally curvy Hispanic girl. I don't deprive myself.


119. My biggest shopping weakness is anything and everything.

120. If I'm able to use my voice to do good in the world then I definitely want to do that.

121. Tall, thin, curvy, short, whatever you are, you are beautiful.


122. The sky is the limit…for some people aim higher nothing is impossible.

123. You can overcome and get through anything.

124. I was compulsively overeating when I was eight years old.

125. Never ever EVER stand between a woman and her chocolate.

126. I think that women who know who they are are beautiful.


127. Music is what I love to do; it's in my veins.

128. I think scars are like battle wounds - beautiful, in a way. They show what you've been through and how strong you are for coming out of it.


129. If it takes me 10 years to be the musician I want to be, great.





130. If positivity is what you put out in the universe, positivity is what you'll get...

131. I love life on the road. I'm in a different city every night and it never gets old.


132. On TV, you have wardrobe fittings, you have four cameras on you at all times, and you're worried about your angles and your lighting and your shots.


133. My sisters and my mom, those people help me get through every single day.


134. That is a wonderful feeling to know that people accept the real you.





135. Some of my fans have said that because I've been able to speak about my issues, that they're not afraid to speak about theirs, which is an amazing feeling.

136. One of the reasons I was so unhappy for years was because I never embraced my emotions and I was trying to stay in control.


137. I really don't know of any other artist that loves their fans more than I love you guys.




138. I want to get to the point where one day I don't have to have anything but a rug and a microphone stand on stage and still be able to sell out places like Madison Square Garden, like Bruce Springsteen does.


139. Your mind is a very powerful thing. It can be your best friend or your worst enemy…But it's your choice to make.

140. Let's be real. I'm the one that has moves like Jagger!

141. Eating disorders are serious mental illnesses, not lifestyle choices.


142. Now on Friday nights, if I want to go hang out with friends, I go hang out with friends. If I want to stay in and be in the hot tub and have people over to watch movies, I do that.

143. I kept thinking of every single one of your faces. Every single one of your letters, every single one of your posters. It just kept me going.


144. I'm very uncoordinated. I'm surprised I don't fall onstage more.

145. A lot of you guys say that I inspire you but it's really you guys that inspire me, so thank you so much.

146. Sometimes being afraid can show more strength than being fearless...


147. I love having a boyfriend but need to be secure on my own first.


148. I feel like I get a lot of hugs from my fans just 'cause they love hugging.

149. If you're spending your entire early 20s chasing the next party, what are you running away from?


150. When I was 13 I took the car out, I stole the car. I drove it to take my friends at like 4:30am. I got in so much trouble...



151. Skyscraper means the world to me because it represents the journey that I've been on for the past few months in my life.


152. My stepdad provided me with an amazing childhood. I played outside like a normal kid, I rode my bike, I walked to school, but the happiest times were when I was acting.

153. Women dress for other women.


154. I get mad. I get sad. I have all those emotions. But I just like to keep them to myself. I don't think my fans need to be bothered with if I'm mad or sad about something. I should just be concerned that they are keeping up with my music or I'm making them happy with my show.

155. When I retweet my fans I go back to their profiles and watch them freak out. It's so cute.

156. The smartest thing a woman can ever learn, is to never need a man.

157. If the weapon is your love, I got my hands up. If you’re gonna take me down, I surrender.


158. Nothing is more beautiful than a smile that has struggled through tears.

159. Why be afraid to make an honest mistake? If you acknowledge the pain and you wanna change, you can get through anything.


160. I surround myself with people who make positive decisions…My friends and I look out for each other.

161. I'm maturing, not changing. I promise.

162. And if you think you're alone. Put on my music. Because I'm going to be there for you.


163. Graceful is my middle name.





164. To me, I don't think it does anybody any good to just hide something or cover it up or lie or whatever. I think…that's what being a role model is all about. It's not about being perfect. It's about speaking about your issues and inspiring others to get help.


165. Sometimes you begin to have a fear of even having friends, when you can't trust anyone in the end.

166. Enjoy your life…let loose, party hard and just have a good time.


167. It's the little things that count.

168. I don't let anyone's insecurities, emotions, or opinions bother me. I know that if I am happy, that's all that matters to me.


169. Rumors and lies are called RUMORS and LIES for a reason.



170. No one deserves anything less than being loved.



171. I know a lot of people that wish that I was shy...but I'm not. I can be really loud and really annoying.

172. The best advice I can give to anyone going through a rough patch is to never be afraid to ask for help.


173. Honestly, sometimes I honestly feel that you're not fans, but friends. You're supporting me, you care for me, and you've got my back.




174. I just don't get why people lie to you when it's so obvious that they aren't telling the truth.


175. If they made jeans for your face…my chin would look fine.


176. Never call a girl fat, even if you're joking.

177. There's no point to living life unless you make history and the best way to make history is to help others.


178. My Lovatics, thank you so much, I'm so honored. You guys are such an incredible force and an amazing army.



179. I wish there wasn't so much pressure on society to be thin...It makes recovery so much harder.


180. It helps to even look in the mirror - and it sounds so cheesy - but if you just look in the mirror and say: "You are beautiful," and "You are worthy," those things really help you.


181. The beautiful thing about music, is that no matter who is singing the song you are relating to, they become your confidant, your friend.


182. Sometimes you don't know who you can and cannot trust. I still learn that over and over again.




183. It's harder to stay strong than it is to give up. Giving up doesn't get you anywhere... Only makes you weak.


184. I wish I could tell every young girl with an eating disorder, or who has harmed herself in any way, that she's worthy of life and that her life has meaning. You can overcome and get through anything.



185. Your only enemies should be people who have chosen to be them.

186. Go ahead and believe that no one shines brighter than you. Become amazing, and be happy.


187. If I've saved a life somewhere in this world I'm done…I'm good.




188. It's a complete life change when you really want to better yourself and completely change the patterns that you have had in the past. Do I think I still need work? I think everyone needs work. I just keep working on myself.

189. It's not okay to bully anyone - ever. I hope to encourage everyone to take a stand and put a stop to this horrible epidemic.


What do you think of Demi Lovato's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts