Nicole Scherzinger Quotes

1. When I had to wear almost nothing on stage for the first time I got a shock - my body was visible from every angle and I just wanted to lose weight. I wasn't big, but those costumes aren't forgiving.


2. I feel the sexiest when I'm on stage with the Dolls because I feel like nothing can touch me. Although I want to touch everybody in some way. 


3. I hope the girls (Pussy Cat Dolls) are not jealous of me because I'm only positive. I wish them the best in their success and happiness. 





4. Being a Pussycat Doll was the best thing I ever did. I learned to deal with my inhibitions, from my body to my shyness and self-consciousness.

5. Those girls (Pussy Cat Dolls) were like my second family. We had the most brutal schedule. I performed in countries I don't remember visiting, in shows that took every ounce of energy. I grew up and learned to be the woman I am today.


6. Oh yeah, man! I steal from Tina Turner. I try to steal from Mick Jagger, the way he prances around stage and the poise he has on stage. But I love Tina Turner's attitude and sass. I steal from her all the time, especially being the lead singer of this group, The Pussycat Dolls, to be fearless and just have that attitude and that soul behind you.

7. I always wanted to be Whitney Houston growing up. Then as I got older, everyone from Ella Fitzgerald to Billie Holiday to Roberta Flack, Sade to Alanis Morissette, and Tina Turner has inspired me a lot too. 

8. I asked a friend recently why people are blown away when they meet me. And my friend said: "Maybe you were playing this persona of Queen Doll in the group for so long that people think that's what you are really like." So I guess I'm just a really good actress.


9. When I was at college I used to steal my room-mate's loo paper. I had hardly any money at the time - I hope she forgives me. 






10. I can't be like: "Ooh, it's time to pose!". People often tell me that the way I look is exactly how they felt at the time!

11. When I hit my thirties, that's when I calmed down and I wasn't so tough on myself. I wasn't doing the yo-yo dieting any more. I gave myself a break. I think that, if you're more accepting of yourself, you're more free and open and can just allow more people in.


12. It takes time to really understand your body shape and it's taken me years to know what I can and can't pull off.


13. When we met, Lewis (Hamilton) asked me about my family and that meant a lot because my family is everything. We were friends for a while and I think that's what made it work out for us - the fact that we were friends first. 


14. I like ballads. I'm a singer. I'm a more old-school songbird singer. But I love everything. I love singing "I Hate This Part" every night. And I love singing "Stickwitu" to the fans, and I love singing "Don't Cha." I love it all.

15. I don't know if it's a secret, but I am the biggest dork. I'm really not cool. When I'm not dressed up and doing what I do, I'm just a Hawaiian girl at heart - hair in a bun, no make-up, a big goofball. I go to church every Sunday - a really wild night for me is having my friends over for dinner and some board games. Sometimes, when I'm by myself, I'll put my music on in my room and I'll just dance around like a maniac when no one's looking.


16. I went into this wanting a better life for my family. As soon as I could afford it, I bought a house for my mum. That has brought me more happiness than any designer bag. 


17. The problem is I'm a perfectionist, so the producer might say he's happy with my vocal take but I'll say: "No, it can be better." I'll do it again and again until I feel I've got the truth out of a song.


18. I think the sexiest thing about a man is that he's confident. Sure, sometimes you meet someone and you see his appearance first, but then you get to know him, and he looks completely different to you.


19. In the past I've had my heart broken, but now I feel very relaxed. I've never cheated or been cheated on, or had a one-night stand. I'm not that sort of girl and I've never wanted to be.


20. It's totally unattractive when a man is too into himself. Confidence is attractive, cockiness is not.





21. I was very aware we didn't have money. My mother would get clothes from a consignment store where you'd exchange old for new. Gap was the sort of store that was way out of our league.

22. Growing up was just weird, because I felt like I didn't always fit in. But now it works to my advantage, because music is my greatest vehicle to reach out to people globally and it's wonderful to have the background I do have, being so diverse, because I feel that no matter where I go, I can relate and people can relate to me as their own. I can connect with people globally. 


23. Underneath everything I'm a total rock chick. In my secret fantasy I am allowed to have bad '80s hair and wear lots of leather.



24. It's like I've finally broken out of my shell and this is the start of an amazing ride. Nicole Scherzinger has busted out. 


25. I brought my prom dress back after wearing it. There was no way I could afford it, so I kept the tags in, stayed away from food and drink all night and took it back the next day.



26. I appreciate what I have, but it's important for me to remember who I am.


27. Bliss for me is just chilling out watching funny movies with him. I have a balance which I've never had before. I work, I go on holiday, I get to see my boyfriend. 




28. Confidence comes with maturity, being more accepting of yourself.

29. I think being sexy comes from within. You have to feel it.


30. I was a very quiet, shy child. I grew up in a small town, Louisville, Kentucky, and there weren't too many Hawaiian-Filipino girls, so I stuck out like a sore thumb. I didn't look like everyone else and didn't feel I belonged...But these things only build character and make you stronger. It taught me to grow into the woman I was to become.

31. My favorite songs are the ones that really come from the heart.







32. I was a shy kid, but somehow I knew I would make it as a performer. I'd always be telling my mum that I was going to be a famous singer. In my school yearbooks I would write, "Remember me when I'm famous." I knew I had a gift.


33. You cry and you scream and you stomp your feet and you shout. You say: "You know what? I'm giving up, I don't care." And then you go to bed and you wake up and it's a brand new day, and you pick yourself back up again.

34. When I'm a mum, I'm not going to be one of those mums who has nannies. Actually, I might have nannies - never say never - but I'm not having someone else raise my kids.


35. I would be a horrible lip-syncher. I would only ever sing live - that's why people come and see the show. It's not the easiest thing in the world to sing and dance at the same time, which is why I'm grateful to be able to do both.

36. I like to run a lot. It's great because it keeps me mentally focused and yet gives me time to think, come up with ideas. 


37. To be honest, I miss the old Hollywood way of having some mystique about the star.





38. The best place to be active is outside, so I'd encourage parents to get their kids outside, playing, running, having fun. They can keep fit while doing something they enjoy, which is the best way. 


39. I was a big fan of Michael Jackson and his performances. A dream of mine has always been to have a really great live show with really big music. I want to create a really explosive, dynamic, dangerous experience.

40. Lady Gaga would be really fun to collaborate with.


41. Lady Gaga is amazing, she's explosive, she's really dynamic and creative. She's an eccentric person. That's just her being her. 



42. Do I ever get body envy? Halle Berry's got a nice rack. And Fergie's got a nice rack and she has a tiny little bum.



43. I always wanted to collaborate with Prince.




44. I'm a strong believer in "everything is meant to be for a reason."

45. One of my favorite things to cook is called oyster chicken. It's basically chicken and rice with lots of veggies like mushrooms, corn, bamboo shoots and onions, with Asian oyster sauce. It's really good.


46. I've tried every diet out there and they don't work, because eventually the diet ends and I want the foods that I restrain myself from eating. It's about having everything in moderation as long as you're staying active. I also try not to eat late at night, not after 7pm if I can help it.

47. My bulimia was my addiction. Hurting myself was my addiction…The music is what saved me. That's the only thing I can trust.





48. I have insecurities and I have insecure days too. I am like: "Oh gosh, I hope people like me and I'll be good enough."

49. When I was younger I ate the same things that all kids eat and always loved food and eating. I ate lasagne and pastas and loved sweets.


50. I spent most of my days at college eating packet-mix pancakes made with water because I didn't want to spend money on milk. I know exactly what it's like to be poor. My mum and step-dad were so supportive - they'd drive me to auditions in our old car and be there whether I succeeded or failed. 

51. I have my weaknesses. I love to eat chocolate. I love to eat crumpets. I also eat sweets, cakes, cheese and pasta.









52. When I'm at home I have a trainer, so I'm able to do a lot of weight-training. On the road, lately it's been important to me to run. I'm a runner. It's just a full-body workout. And I love doing my abs on a ball and squats, and just working on my arms with some weights. But running is the most important thing for me to keep up.


53. Don't let anyone or anything get in the way. Knock on every door of opportunity. Believe in yourself.

54. We all have fears, and then we all start to think too much...

55. My favorite snacks are raw cashews, almonds or tropical fruits. If I need to grab something healthy to eat in a rush, I'll have cherry tomatoes or a banana. 


56. At school, I was an easy target because I couldn't protect myself.

57. Girl power is about loving yourself and having confidence and strength from within, so even if you're not wearing a sexy outfit, you feel sexy.

58. You know, I try to avoid Googling myself, but sometimes I slip up. Sometimes I just want to see how the world is viewing me on a particular day.


59. I think shoulders are sexier than cleavage.

60. Ignore what you hear about miracle diets and stick to eating healthily and exercising. The best advice I've ever been given is "everything in moderation".

61. When you break a sweat you just feel great. You've got your endorphins going. You feel better. You look better. And if you aren't able to get a workout in, try to find a steam room somewhere. You just look and feel so much better after a sweat.


62. I'm going to take care of the man I'm with. I grew up in a household where my mum takes care of my dad - she cooks, she does everything - and that's the kind of girl I am.



63. Although religion was around me my whole life I never felt it was forced upon me. It is my centring, my grounding, the soul of me. I feel I'm nothing without it.


64. I've never seen myself as sexy. I see myself as a goofball.

65. Cheryl (Cole) came up to me and said: "I can't get your song "Poison" out of my head" and I said: "That's funny, because I've been singing "Promise This" nonstop since I got here!" 


66. I come from a very humble background and I got my start on a reality series. I didn't know how I was going to make my way to California to be in front of the right people, then I heard that Pop stars were going to five different cities in the US. I drove six hours to get to an audition and waited until 4am to be seen. 

67. I'm no diva but I can be annoying in a recording studio. Of course I try to be a diva in terms of confidence of performance and owning a song but I've never behaved like one in terms of the negative connotations of the word.

68. I'm grateful for my maturity and experience. With that comes knowing yourself as a woman, and when you do that, you get to clear more of the bullcrap from your head, and have confidence and strength. I have put in decades of work to get to where I am, so I feel like I have earned it and it's just made me stronger all the way, and more prepared.

69. Growing up, I was very conservative in my wardrobe, so when I first joined the Pussycat Dolls, the biggest challenge was wearing those cabaret costumes. I didn't feel comfortable showing my body so much, showing my legs and butt, chest and midriff.

70. I've always had a fighter's spark in me. I was born with it. I think it's in my blood.


71. I've never lied about my age. I feel like I've got amazing genes and ancestry; everyone always thinks I'm younger.

72. I can be quite daring with my clothes but I believe that you have to feel comfortable and confident to carry off whatever it is you're wearing.

73. Lewis (Hamilton) actually picked "Poison" as the first single.


74. I've always been too hard on myself to behave like I've arrived or even to enjoy whatever success I've had. I've always envisioned myself higher than where I was and I still do. With each success I think: "That's nice but I'm supposed to go there!"

75. Growing up, my mom was very strict about how I dressed and how I behaved, and I said to myself that I wasn't going to be like that. But now I know I'm going to be exactly like my mom. I'm going to be worse!


76. Music is my passion - it's what I love and it's in my blood. You can never take me away from my work.






77. I had to laser my eyes! I couldn't wear those glasses on stage with those glasses as a Pussycat Doll because if I danced, they would fly around. I wouldn't see anything! I was blind as a bat. No, I wasn't that bad, but as I got older, it got worse.


78. It turns out that understanding the British public is not rocket science. The British appreciate honesty and they also have a bonkers, off-the-wall sense of humour like me.

79. I love a man with a great sense of humor and who is intelligent - a man who has a great smile. He has to make me laugh. I like a man who is very ambitious and driven and who has a good heart and makes me feel safe. I like a man who is very strong and independent and confident - that is very sexy - but at the same time, he's very kind to people.


80. I don't really believe in diets. I love food...If I deprive myself, I'm going to want it more. I snack on yogurt, raw cashews and cherry tomatoes.





81. In normal life people say: "You're so different than on stage!" Offstage I'm down to earth, simple and a very goofy girl…I like to make goofy faces, be dorky and not take things too seriously. I just love to laugh.


82. Lewis (Hamilton) always makes me feel beautiful. 



83. There was a lot of stuff in the British press about me being broody, but I didn't even know what broody meant when I got there.

84. I'm way better in person than I am on things like Twitter. I know Twitter is the best and fastest way to connect with fans who really appreciate you but I'm still not cool with it - although I am trying! I try my best but I'm a one-on-one person and I don't want to tell people I'm on the toilet or I just brushed my teeth.


85. I much prefer to be more natural. Although, I also feel great when I'm dressed up and feeling classy. 





86. You wanna hear something funny that me and my friends do in the studio? I've never said this before, but we write sometimes before what we're going to do: "Let's write a Grammy song today, the song that we're gonna perform on the Grammys." And we'll do that. Or we'll be like: "Let's write this song for this music video that I want to do." or "I feel this way. Let's write this song "'cos I feel this way today." But we do try and keep in mind songs for the Grammys. Isn't it funny? I always say that! Or whenever I'm working on choreography or staging, I'll say: "We'll save that one for the Grammys!" It's fun. It's fun to dream.


87. I love what I do and I strive to be better; that's what keeps me going. I'm never a slacker, always a striver.






88. Love makes me vulnerable. In business I'm tough on myself - I'm like a drill sergeant. If I'm down, I'm used to getting right back up, but when it comes to love, your heart can't do that.


89. It's important for a woman to feel good in her clothes. It's OK to have curves and to work them.

90. I would love to be working with special-need kids. My aunt has Down's Syndrom, and she's such a gift. I just have a fondness and place in my heart for Down kids and special-needs kids. It's kind of a selfish thing, actually, because they bring so much joy to me. As narcissistic as artists can be, it helps to get the attention off ourselves and put things in perspective. 


91. It's not as glamourous as people think. People don't see the work that goes into touring, but it's definitely worth it. It's not party all the time like people think - sometimes when I get the chance I am too tired to party!


92. I come from a strong religious background, and I had a very conservative upbringing. So I was nervous, and confused. Here I was wanting to be Whitney Houston, so why did I have to dress in lingerie to do that? I didn't get it.

93. I love making down-home Southern cooking, and just chilling out and having cakes and pies and baking stuff, you know. I'm a pretty simple girl.


94. I definitely have the eye of the tiger. I've fought my way to where I am and will continue to do so. I'm a hard worker - I get it from my family. We only know work. Nothing was handed to us. When I believe in something, I go after it. It's very hard to tell me "no."





95. I'm not saying I'm the best actor in the world, but I will put the work into the craft and the art, and I respect it. That's why I will only do it when the time allows it and when the right role comes along. I'm not just gonna be that girl that plays the bathing suit girl and steals the guy! That's not me. I'd much rather play the nerdy girl! She's more interesting to me. It's always been in for me. I'm the biggest nerd I know!


96. I love Derek (Hough), but we were like brother and sister. I never even thought whether he was good looking. He's not my type.





97. If believing in yourself and going after what you want in life and realizing your worth is ruthless and selfish, then I'm definitely ruthless and selfish.

98. I see lots of women having beautiful children later in life. And, if not, just freeze your eggs!


99. I told Red (One), when I go on stage I kind of turn into a beast sometimes, this other alter-ego, you know, that you kind of get to see in "Poison" and I want the music to bring that to life for me.


100. I don't like my thighs, the back of my legs or my chubby knees. I wear clothes that show off my legs in pictures and videos but not often when I'm appearing live.

101. A lot of songs are empowering because everybody who has been through a hard time in a relationship or in their lives can relate to it.


102. I'm definitely not the type to have a sing-off. I'm not catty like that. I sing for the right reasons.






103. Poison and all of my songs on the album have a different sound, but they all have the same thread. It's really driven in your face, strong up tempo dance music with rock and funk. 


104. Jimmy Iovine actually was like: "I could hear Sting on this." I was like: "Yeah, Sting's gonna do this." The next day, an amazing label team of people who believe in me and who helped see my vision through…He was there, in the studio! It was so surreal. He's probably the sexiest, most beautiful person that I've ever worked with. I was so nervous around him, I didn't know how to act! It was cool. 

105. I never know if a song's going to be popular so I don't select them with that in mind. All I can do is follow my heart and my gut and go for songs that make me feel great.

 

106. I don't really like auto-tune too much depending on what kind of songs I have - but with some songs, like, you wouldn't have "Believe" by Cher or certain sounds to give them that extra swagger to some songs without it.


What do you think of Nicole Scherzinger's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts