Paula Abdul Plans Bat Mitzvah During Trip To Israel

Paula Abdul is set to make her first trip to Israel and is going to have a belated bat mitzvah.


Abdul, 51, is returning to her Jewish roots and is planning to hold the traditional religious ceremony typically pursued by 12- or 13-year-old girls.


"Beyond being Jewish, I've always found myself to be very much in tune with spirituality," Abdul revealed to the Associated Press, adding: "I feel very grateful coming to Israel now, where as a woman I know who I am a lot more than even 10 years ago."

Paula has been touring Israel's holy sites and other places of interest as an official guest of the Ministry of Tourism.

President Shimon Peres hosted the former "American Idol" and "X Factor" judge.

Abdul describes the visit to Israel as the "most magnificent trip I've ever taken…magical and emotional."



Photo credit: Getty Images


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts