Celebrities React To Peter O'Toole's Death

Peter O'Toole passed away in a London hospital on Saturday after a long disease.


The iconic star of "Lawrence of Arabia", "Man of La Mancha", "My Favorite Year" as well as multiple TV shows and stage productions, was 81.

Now a number of celebrities are reacting to his death.


Check out what celebrities are saying about O'Toole's passing below…


Stephen Fry: Oh what terrible news. Farewell Peter O'Toole. I had the honor of directing him in a scene. Monster, scholar, lover of life, genius…



Olivia Wilde: Peter O'toole was a great (foxy) man and wonderful actor. One great film to watch is The Ruling Class from 1972. Super weird and funny. RIP


Martha Plimpton: Good bye, to the ridiculously beautiful, insanely brilliant Peter O'Toole. RIP. 

 

Neil Patrick Harris: So sad to hear about Peter O'Toole passing away. Lucky to have worked with him for a month in Prague. Wonderful man, remarkable talent.


Mackenzie Phillips: My childhood crush has died. Rest in Peace, Peter O'Toole.





Michael Chiklis: RIP Peter O'Toole. Original, hard drinking, classic, actor's actor. The piercing blue eyes of Lawrence of Arabia will never fade. #Cheers


Emily VanCamp: RIP Peter O'Toole. Another great man and talent has left us. Love to his family and friends.


William Shatner: Thoughts and prayers going out to the family of Peter O'Toole

Whoopi Goldberg: 1of the Actors I have admired & never got 2meet Peter O' Toole has passed away & got 2 say R.I.P. You were a hell of an actor.

James Van Der Beek: Peter O'Toole was one of the greats...his work in "My Favorite Year" and "The Stunt Man" is a master class in swagger & presence. RIP


Tony Bennett: Peter O'Toole was one of the greatest actors and finest people I ever met. We will all miss him.


Ellen DeGeneres: Hollywood lost an icon yesterday. Peter O'Toole was one of the best. I'm so glad I got to meet him.

Jay Baruchel: "To England and to other things." RIP Peter O'Toole

Ben Stiller: From Lawrence of Arabia to My Favorite Year...and so many others. One of the movie greats is gone. Respect to Peter O'Toole.


Alec Baldwin: O'Toole. Like Taylor, Brando, Olivier, Joan Crawford, Nicholson, that rare combination of acting talent and film stardom. Requiescat in pace.




Rainn Wilson: RIP Peter O'Toole: Steely, genius, madman. (Somewhere there's a pic of him & my son as a toddler at a Super Bowl party. #NotKidding)

Kate Walsh: This is great. RT @SimonNRicketts: Peter O'Toole has died. Worth watching his entrance to Letterman's show again.


La Toya Jackson: What an incredible actor Peter O'Toole, you were genius in Lawrence of Arabia what a movie! May you R.I.P





Piers Morgan: RIP Peter O'Toole. Spent one of the funniest days of my life with him at Lord's a few years ago. A brilliant actor & crazy, hilarious man.


Peter Facinelli: RIP - Peter O'Toole - Thanks for all of your inspiration work.


Simon Pegg: Here's to Peter O'Toole, a true great.

Colin Hanks: RIP Alan Swann! I know Peter O'Toole was known for so much more, but that was my introduction to him as a kid and I loved him for it.


Stephen Fry: Said a little something about #PeterOtoole to the audience and bade them all drink a whiskey in his honour. What a prince among men…


Eddie Izzard: Farewell Peter O'Toole. Your work will be remembered - BBC News: Peter O'Toole, Lawrence of Arabia star dies aged 81.

Al Roker: Peter O'Toole, actor in the Oscar-winning epic Lawrence of Arabia, has died aged 81. One of the greatest actors ever. 


Ralph Macchio: One of my favs - RIP Peter O' Toole - "Lawrence of Arabia" "My Favorite Year" brilliant.


Patton Oswalt: When I did RATATOUILLE, the animators were SALIVATING at the prospect of rendering Peter O'Toole's read of "POP-u-lar."

Gilbert Gottfried: Groucho Marx once said, "Did you ever notice Peter O'Toole has a double phallic name?" RIP Peter O'Toole


Josh Gad: RIP To one of the greatest actors in film history, #PeterOToole. I will forever be in awe of Lawrence & my daughter of Ratatouille. Thank u.



Marlee Matlin: Sad to read about passing of acting great Peter O'Toole. Eight Oscar nominations highlight what a talent he was. RIP.


Joshua Malina: Farewell, Lawrence. R.I.P. Peter O'Toole. One of my favorites.

Tom Hiddleston: Goodbye, Peter O'Toole. You were great.

Natasha Lyonne: Courtesy of @GDrakoulias "I'm not working-class : I come from the criminal classes" #PeterOToole

Virginia Madsen: Last time I saw Peter he picked up a huge chair and carried it across the room for me, at 78. #peterotoole

Samuel L. Jackson: I met Peter O'Toole backstage at A Soldiers Play! Amazing talent, an Inspiration! RIP.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts