Clay Aiken Quotes

1. I want to make sure that no matter how long I go through this, I don't fall into the trap of changing and modifying how I do things that aren't a positive example. I want to remain somebody that the entire family can listen to or watch.


2. My mother taught me that we all have the power to achieve our dreams. What I lacked was the courage.



3. I did get a degree in special education.

4. Well, financially it's a little bit better. But it's better than than when I was a teacher. But I kind of - it's allowed me to buy a house. And I've been able to help my mother with some stuff and my brother. So, that's nice.


5. It's not the money. It's not the fame. It's the influence.

6. Well, fortunately we found out that the runner-up our particular year was going to get a record contract also. So it was kind of a - it was bitter sweet but it was an opportunity.


7. In my ideal world, no child would suffer. Charitable instincts would prevail. There would be global acceptance of all different types of people.

8. Well, there are certain words and emotions I don't want kids hearing, and I'm not changing because they think it's going to sell better. This is going to sound horrible, but I got 12 million votes doing what I did.

9. In this arena, I don't set goals because it's part of my realist nature. But there are things I want to do. I always wanted to sing on the Macy's Thanksgiving parade and I'm doing it! I want to have a second album.



10. The greatest glory never comes from falling, but from rising each time you fall.


11. I don't think I'm the best singer ever. I don't think I'm better than all 32 of those people who sang. I still don't. Kim Locke is going to do well. She's already been signed to Curb Records and she has an album coming out I think the same day as Ruben's. Her first single is better than mine.

12. I think celebrities have an obligation to the public to not just sing or act.

13. I don't think I gave anybody a reason to bully me. The thing about bullies is if you show them that you're intimidated and you're upset by them, they're gonna keep doing it. I'd be "Forget you, then" and walk away. I don't let things get under my skin as much as some people do.


14. While everyone I work with may not share my beliefs, I have been surrounded by nothing but support.



15. I decided to study special education and fell in love with working with individuals with autism. That's what I planned to do with my life.

16. There are stars out there who would die to have this much exposure.


17. Kids without disabilities learn a lot from kids with disabilities. There are so many things that are so much bigger than what to wear that day. I don't feel sorry for children with disabilities. I feel excited for them for the opportunities that they do have.





18. I enjoy singing and that's what I'm here to do. I know I'm not a model; I'm not going to be. I'm not the best lookin' person here, and that's fine. That's not what it's about to me.


19. I was on TV for almost sixteen weeks during "American Idol". It's at the point now where it's old.






20. And I don't think that success can be measured by how many TV shows you're on.

21. (on being a role model) You can be a good one or a bad one. I got to this point and it's a high profile job and on top of that, there are the rigors and pressures of being in the public eye all the time. And my absolute priority, more than having a good song, is to set a good example. I accept it as a responsibility.


22. What comes out of this is what God wants to happen.



23. I think I probably hoped for it a little bit, but I'm not an optimist. I'm a realist…or maybe even a pessimist.



24. I've always looked like this what are you talking about?

25. I got rid of my glasses and they changed my hair. That's really all they did. They went shopping for me, so the clothes are different too. It wasn't like Extreme Makeover where I got a nose job or anything.


26. I didn't get cut tonight; I just didn't win.

27. And I think that when I finally decided to let go and let God and allow that to happen, I became a lot more successful than I could have done if I had planned it all myself.

28. I think I've broken three cameras today.

29. I kind of had my life planned out for me. I'd be married at some point, have, you know, 1.5 children, and be a principal possibly one day. But I think that that was kind of my problem. I allowed myself to plan out my life and didn't let provident direction guide my life.


30. Actually, I don't hate cats, I'm just kind of afraid of them.



31. I went to school for special education. I always assumed when I had the opportunity I would love to try and help kids with disabilities.



32. I auditioned just for fun.

33. As long as you're living right, then you don't have to worry about what people see.


34. I know that I've got big ears and a big forehead and that my hair sticks up. But I'm happy with myself. I'm not necessarily trying to win a beauty pageant here.



35. I never want to produce anything that a family could not enjoy together. I never want to create art that would embarrass my own children later.

36. It's important that I make a difference in some way. If it's performing and touching someone that way, that's great; if it's being a teacher and helping some kid understand something, that's even better...


37. I'm being trained to shake the bon-bon appropriately.







38. Because I'm from North Carolina, you think I'm the Andy Griffith show, or something?

39. One of the first things I'm gonna do is set up a foundation. Since I'm not going to be teaching for a while, I'd still like to stay connected and use this platform to bring attention to autism awareness and to individuals with disabilities.


40. (to "The Jaded Journalist")  Is this interview prepared at all, or it is fly by the seat of your pants?


41. The only reason people go to bars is to get drunk and have sex. To me, bars are what hell is like.

42. Half my butt is mac & cheese and the other half is Krispy Kreme...


43. I mean, that's kind of what this business is about in some ways. You're trying to make everybody like you. But you can't do that. You can't force everybody - anybody to like you if they're just not willing to do it.

44. Can I be the next bachelor?" I never thought I'd be an object of affection. That's the biggest surprise of the whole experience!


45. Clive (Davis) tried to tell me that saying certain words in a song - or as he says: "putting some balls into it" - isn't bad, it's just strong emotion. Well, there are certain words and emotions I don't want kids hearing, and I'm not changing because they think it's going to sell better. This is going to sound horrible, but I got 12 million votes doing what I did.

46. I'm not going to unpack, I'm just going to live out of my suitcase. I don't want to get too used to being here.





47. (about biggest challenge) Getting used to (my new contact lenses).  I'm sure I was looking at Randy (Jackson) once when Paula (Abdul) was talking. 


48. In my ideal world, no child would suffer. Charitable instincts would prevail. There would be global acceptance of all different types of people.





49. They told us to sing a song by our idol. Well, my mother's really my idol, so I'm gonna sing her favorite song for me to sing: "Unchained Melody" by the Righteous Brothers.


50. I left Raleigh six months ago, and nobody knew who I was.  It's very hard to get used to.




51. You know, I think I'm a stronger person for realizing that you can't make everybody love you.

52. I'm  six foot one…When you stand beside Ruben, you look short.

53. (on Simon Cowell) I don't take Simon too seriously either.


54. Service, and the learning that goes with it, fosters citizenship, knowledge, and personal development in everyone, young and old, with disabilities and without. Our partnership with Youth Service America will bring awareness to the fact that youth with disabilities are great assets and can serve as volunteers too.

55. I'm really not that special. Really, I'm not. I was on a big TV show, but it was just a TV show.


56. But I was going to be a teacher my entire life, so I wasn't counting on money too much.


57. I never knew that people made a club for me!

58. I'm religious. I think this is something God had planned for me.

59. I'm tired and I don't know what day it is.


60. We're extremely happy, cuz America didn't go with the image thing so much this year.





61. I sometimes think I might be autistic because I like to know - I need to know - my beginnings and my ends. I don't have to be in control of it, but I need to know what's going on.

62. It doesn't really matter to me how I make a difference, I just wanna make sure that I do.


63. I think Ruben and I will always be linked together in everyone's minds. I think we're a pair now.





64. I know this is going to sound cheesy and like I'm trying to be Miss America, but the most important responsibility a celebrity has is to set an example and be a role model.


65. It's a whole team of people working 24 hours around the clock to make me look like this.

66. (on Simon Cowell) I could have a degree in music and come on the show, and Simon could still say "You stink".

67. (on Simon Cowell) After I sang "Somewhere Out There," Simon said: "You're the one to beat." Getting a compliment from Simon is like getting water out of a rock.


68. I think there is a predisposition among Christians that Hollywood is anti-Jesus or anti-Christianity. I was warned I'd have to fight to maintain the freedom to express my beliefs. It's an unfair stereotype, and so far that's been the farthest from the truth. While everyone I work with may not share my beliefs, I have been surrounded by nothing but support.

69. (on living in Los Angeles) The traffic is horrible. The people can be kinda nuts. The food has avocado on it everywhere you go. I don't dislike L.A. The weather is nice, but it's always the same. I love seasons. I like snow. I like the leaves to change color. If I lived in Raleigh I'd get all of that in the same yard.


70. (on close female friends) You don't have to be either dating or not friends. There can be a middle ground and that's what a platonic relationship is. I think platonic relationships can be closer than dating relationships sometimes. Dating relationships end and platonic relationships are going to be there no matter what.



71. I thought about that the other day after I went to the grocery store and had to sign fifteen autographs before leaving. On one hand, it's just so flattering. On the other hand, sometimes it would be nice to get the bread and leave, you know?


72. (on the biggest lesson he learned from the "American Idol" experience) Perseverance. I got cut twice. I got cut in Charlotte. I didn't have to go to Atlanta to audition. I could have said: "I'm not cut out for this." But I said: "I think I'm better than that, I can go try again." So I went to Atlanta and I made it through. Then I got cut the first time around. I could have told them I didn't want to come back for the Wild Card show but I did and look how far I got.

73. It's important that I make a difference in some way. It's not necessarily how I make a difference, but I want to make sure that I do.


74. I think there's a difference between appearance and image. An image is not how you look. It's what you do. It's what you portray. Your personality, the example you set, and that's huge for me.

75. There are many days where I'm willing to do it, to trade places with my friends who are teaching back in North Carolina. There are days where I'm ready to give it up.


76. If my career detour from special education to singing has done one thing, it has afforded me the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others.




77. American celebrities have an amazing amount of influence on the way America thinks, feels, and acts. I think that such an influence should be used in the most positive way possible.


What do you think of Clay Aiken's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts