Drew Barrymore On Scary Childhood And Loyalty To Friends: "I Don't F*ck Anyone Over"

Drew Barrymore opened up about family, pals, sex and marriage in the new issue of Marie Claire.


Barrymore, 38, claimed that her affair with husband Will Kopelman, 36, has provided the stability she never had growing up.

"When I was a kid, everything was so unplanned, my parents were so erratic, and my world was so inconsistent…I was 14 when I moved into my own apartment," Barrymore recalled, admitting: "I was so scared."


Drew went on: "I didn't know anything. I didn't know you had to throw food out when it rotted in the fridge. I was convinced someone was going to crawl through my window. I would go to the Laundromat and sit there reading Anne Sexton, Sylvia Plath."




"I hated growing up alone," Barrymore was quoted as saying, who assembled a group of close friends to whom she's famously loyal.


Drew revealed to the mag: "I don't f*ck anyone over. My friends are the loves my life."







Barrymore is currently living with Kopelman in wedded bliss and peace.

"I didn't think I would ever get to experience that," Barrymore said of marrying into his family, adding: "This is so safe and positive and healthy because they have their values intact. It was huge for me. And that's what I want for my family."


On the other hand, Barrymore is still struggling to come to terms with her own past.






Drew explained: "Ugh, I mean, my relationship with my mom is so complicated that…I've always been empathetic toward my mom, and I was even more so when I had a kid and we had a really amazing conversation about it."


"However, it hasn't enabled me to lessen the distance. It's the hardest subject in my life," Barrymore pointed out, noting: "I've never just been angry with her. I've always felt guilt and empathy and utter sensitivity. But we can't really be in each other's lives at this point."

As to adding another child of her own, Barrymore responded: "I think I'd like to have more. In the back of my head, I'm already timing if I was to have another when that would occur."

Drew also admitted that she feels out of step with the times.


"I'm so weary of the modern world. I'm not really of this era, so I'm struggling with that…I don't want to talk about sex anymore," Barrymore stated, adding: "I used to be so open. But now people are like: "Let's explore our sexuality!" And I'm like: "Let's not!" I'm such a prude these days."




Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts