Nikki Reed Quotes

1. People tend to get nervous when they're working with first-time writer-directors. Because we've all had our share of bad experiences when you work with someone who is too close to the material and can't really pull themselves away.


2. Before the 80's everything seems ancient to me.


3. Whenever you hear that Kevin Spacey is producing a project and he is going to be very in touch and work closely with that project, it is kind of like it doesn't matter what it is, right after that you're very interested. I sat down with the writer-director and my first question was "Where did this come from?" You start having fun with directors, you have to feel like you can relate to them or at least be on the same level in terms of understanding the project and the material. You have to be sort of one with it; and he was. Then, I sat down with Kevin Spacey and Dana Brunetti, who produced it as well, who is fantastic.


4. I know 13-year-old girls who are just like me, and I know 13-year-old girls who are still playing with Barbies.


5. I had a great time making the last movie "Eclipse." We shot my back-story stuff from the 1930's. But I was waiting for "Breaking Dawn" because I love the relationship Rosalie has with Jacob and the rest of her family and Bella. She also provides comic relief.

6. I have nobody. I have surrounded myself with people who are fake just because I need to talk to somebody.


7. I don't drink, and karaoke is something you should only do drunk.



8. To read what the general public thinks and to put it together with your real life, it's amazing how wrong people can be.


9. I grew up too fast. I looked a lot older than I was but when I was 13, I looked how I did now so I don't know if I look 18 or whatever now. There's a lot of stuff too. Competition with my brother. When I was 13, he was 14 and he was still a little boy. I would walk down the street and people would say: "Oh, this is your little brother? He's really cute." So just normal stuff.


10. Most teen movies are fantasies, like "The Princess Diaries". But my movie is coming from a completely different angle, which is truth. This is what really happens.


11. I'm going to school actually while we're shooting. I'm talking five, but I was just told that two are unavailable so I'm waiting to see. I'm taking a language course, I'm taking a writing course, I'm really trying to take a Greek mythology course and a psychology course. There's so many prerequisites for this psychology. I always try to stay productive and do things that I feel nourish the brain.

12. I finished a film called "Cherry Crush", which is actually going to come out in the fall. It's got a wonderful cast and I'm very proud of it.


13. I have friends come over and we read plays out loud and I make paintings and I just do things all the time just so I don't ever feel like I'm sitting around.






14. People send everyone hate mail. That's the way the world works right now, I'm nothing special.

15. When I co-wrote the film "Thirteen", I talked about the experiences of teenage girls I personally knew. I recently turned sixteen, and the only difference in my life now is that I have fallen in love for the first time. My boyfriend is Hawaiian, he's laid back, and he couldn't care less about the Hollywood scene. The other night when we were out, I grabbed his arm and said: "Oh my God, look! There's Jennifer Lopez." He just turned to me and said: "So what? You're prettier than she is." I have the best boyfriend in the world!



16. I've fallen on my ass I don't know how many times because I refused to listen to anyone.


17. I just wrapped "Eclipse" yesterday and the last scene we shot is probably my favorite thus far. I finally got to tell my story, in a very gentle yet elaborate way.





18. Part of being young is making mistakes.

19. I think so many young girls get caught up in the challenge of being with somebody who's dangerous, who's bad, who's enticing, who's all of those things, and you forget what it's like to enjoy simple love.


20. Last year, I was like, hyperventilating. I don't want to say I've gotten used to it, but my palms aren't sweating as much…I love walking up to my fans and saying: "Thank you for coming". It's more real.




21. We live in a world where sort of nothing is shocking anymore.

22. If I can have the opportunity to go into an editing room, it's like the golden ticket for me. All I want is to learn about everything else in the filmmaking process. I just directed a music video which just came out and that'd sort of be the area of the field that I'm going to move into, I hope.



23. With girls, friendships are hard because you have to learn to get to a maturity level to love them but not want to be them.


24. Just because you're part of "Twilight" does not mean you're a superstar. It means that you're given the opportunity to maybe become one later if you work hard. Once fandom goes away, which it will very soon, it's all about having your priorities straight and working hard.


25. Tina Fey could run this country before Sarah Palin could!

26. My boyfriend, who I love to death - he's only 17 so he's the youngest guy I've ever dated - he just moved here from Hawaii to be with me and I met him when I was 10. Anyway, in Hawaii they have such a different mentality and different priorities.


27. I think my mother is my biggest influence. There are so many things I hate about her but at the same time I'm thankful for her. All I know is that when I'm a parent I want to be just like my mom. I can talk to my mom more than any of my friends could talk to their parents.

28. I was raised by my mom. It was definitely a struggle competing with my brother who is only one year older than me. He wanted to be my older brother but I looked older than him. We were competing for my mom's attention. There was so much tension between us that my mom backed away from us. It was so emotionally out of control.


29. My mom can't defend herself to the world. She is such an amazing woman, with such an open heart. It's a real hard line, and I crossed it. I took everyone's life story and assumed it would be a great thing to put on screen. I was being selfish and I feel so horrible about it. I feel so guilty.


30. I'm just a believer in keeping all of the creative brain cells moving and working even when you're not working because the inevitable loneliness and boring drought in the actor's world, it can eat you alive.


31. Right now I'm in "Twilight" and I go around to signings and there are people screaming and crying, and it's so surreal. I know that when this is over in a month or two and whenever "Twilight"'s no longer relevant, that doesn't live on for me. It's because of this. It's not very often that this happens for people.

32. I've always loved music and felt connected to it, but was too afraid to explore that avenue.

33. The number-one rule of writing is write what you know - or something like that. So I wrote about my experiences.


34. The frenzy of the little-girl culture is something very unique, and I can only say that because I was one. The obsession - I can't really explain it. Everything is heightened to the maximum.



35. Junior high is so much worse than high school because at least in high school different is more accepted, celebrated actually: all the girls with blue hair and gothic Hello Kitty backpacks.


36. When you're playing a character in a book, there's already a lot of pressure because all of the millions of people who have read the series have been able to envision and become very attached to the characters.

37. At the end of the day, that's our sole purpose and our sole reason for existing, is to love somebody else.


38. Young people need to vote. They need to get out there. Every vote counts. Educate yourself too. Don't just vote. Know what you're voting for, and stand by that.

39. In middle school, we are all so damn insecure. It was the worst time for me, really destructive, like slapping myself across the face but loving it. Now I have to be an adult and change myself. I have to be a bigger person.

40. My little brother is autistic, so I would love to be involved in a charity for autism, but I haven't found the right one yet.


41. Before "Twilight," occasionally I would get the "Hey are you that girl from that movie?" but no one knew my first and last name. The fans of the saga are amazing, and it's very flattering.

42. I had hoped that girls all over the world would relate to "Thirteen". But had no idea that girls I was sitting next to went through the same-things I did.


43. I just kind of loved the idea of playing a character that was so different than myself, it's actually the opposite. I grew up with very little money but with a mother who always over loved and was overly affectionate with my brother and I. So, I just thought that was something I could not relate to at all with where she was coming from, but it was something that I wanted to play.

44. Some of the greatest moments in life come from moments that are incomplete.


45. Having people wait outside of my house sort of gives me a panic attack. I'm a believer in the concept that people should not be followed and photographed everywhere.




46. I did a movie called "American Gun", which should be opening in the next few weeks. It's produced by Forest Whitaker and it's about the proliferation of guns in America with a bunch of specific stories that play in towns around the country. I also did a movie called Mini's First Time with Alec Baldwin that Kevin Spacey produced. I played Mini and that's opening July 14th in New York and LA.


47. I definitely think that females have a harder time. It's a lot harder to be a girl because you're always in your head. I've heard my brother go and take it out on the football as he says. Whereas girls would rather sit down and over think things. Guys just punch a wall and I think that could be easier because that's instant release instead of letting it build it up. But a lot of people say guys just hold it in as well.


48. I went through what I went through too young. Emotionally, it was really hard juggling all these things I was going through.


49. I don't think something like Twitter is for me because I'll just end up getting myself in trouble with what I accidentally say. You've seen what's happened to some of my other cast members recently.


What do you think of Nikki Reed's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts