Taylor Swift: "I'll Never Leave Nashville"

In a new interview with Time, Taylor Swift expressed her love about Nashville and explained what makes the place special to her.  




"I decided to move to Nashville when I was about 10 years old," Swift, 24, stated, noting: "I was obsessed with watching biography TV shows about Faith Hill and Shania Twain, and I noticed that both of them went to Nashville to start their careers."


"From that point on, I began relentlessly nagging, begging, and pleading with my parents to take me on a trip there," Swift explained.

"I love L.A. and New York and I spend a lot of time there promoting albums and doing photo shoots," Swift claimed, admitting: "I've been lucky enough to find friends who live in New York, L.A., and Nashville, so none of those cities ever feel foreign or lonely."

"Choosing to have my management company based in Nashville just made sense because my family is there as well as my record label. I never think about moving home bases," Swift revealed.


"It's hard to describe why you consider a town your home base, except that when people ask me "Where's home?," I don't even think before I say "Nashville"", Swift went on.


Swift admitted she spends as much time in the city as she can, because "no one knows when I'm there."


"In New York and L.A., there are photographers waiting on the street, and it seems like every errand I run is photographed and documented. You don't see as much evidence of me spending time in Nashville, because I'm not being photographed at the grocery store. I'm just able to wander around the grocery store and make casual conversation with the girl standing next to me in the produce aisle," Swift was quoted as saying.

"The country music community is the closest musical community I've witnessed," Swift opened up, adding: "I see a different songwriter or producer I've worked with almost every time I'm out to dinner. All of the artists know each other."

"I could list at least five other country artists who live in my apartment building, so I actually run into them in the elevator on a regular basis," Swift concluded.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts