Frances Bean Cobain To Lana Del Rey: "The Death Of Young Musicians Isn't Something To Romanticize"

Frances Bean Cobain, the daughter of Courtney Love and the late Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain, took to twitter on Sunday to tell Lana Del Rey to stop glorifying death.


"The death of young musicians isn't something to romanticize," Cobain, 21, tweeted to Del Rey, 27, noting: "I'll never know my father because he died young & it becomes a desirable feat because ppl like u think it's "cool.""


Cobain pointed out: "Well, it's f*cking not. Embrace life, because u only get one life. The ppl u mentioned wasted that life. Don't be 1 of those ppl."


Just in case you have missed it, Del Rey recently told The Guardian: "I wish I was dead already," while talking about the premature passing of music legends like Cobain's dad.


Lana later blasted her interviewer, Tim Jonze, as "sinister" and revealed she "regrets" trusting The Guardian.




Jonze fired back at Del Rey's allegations and offered the audio of her saying the words in question.

When Cobain was slammed for attacking Del Rey on Sunday, she replied by writing: "I told her to not waste her life. How is that attacking. I literally said embrace this life because u only get1."



Cobain later tweeted to Del Rey: "ur too talented to waste it away."

Cobain stated on twitter that night: "I'm not attacking anyone. I have no animosity towards Lana, I was just trying to put things in perspective from personal experience."


Del Rey answered to Cobain on Monday, tweeting: "It's all good. He was asking me a lot about your dad. I said I liked him because he was talented not because he died young."


"The other half of what I said wasn't really related to the people he mentioned/ I don't find that part of music glam either," Lana added.



Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts