Peter Facinelli Quotes

1. (on his chemistry with on-screen wife Elizabeth Reaser) Elizabeth and I get along very well. I respect her as an actress, and we work well together. I think Carlisle and Esme's relationship is like an old married couple that are still completely and utterly in love and that is what we work to bring to the screen.


2. I like to keep my Twitter pure. I don't want to sell my followers anything.


3. (joking on being a letter delivery man to Robert Pattinson) I've yet to get one letter from (him). Maybe he's hoarding them.


4. My advice has always been to study the craft of acting if you want to be an actor. There are many great schools that teach acting. NYU being one of them.

5. Everyone has a different path. I knew no one in the acting industry growing up. I never did a play until college. I was not outspoken when I was younger and I hated being the center of attention. But I had a dream of being an actor. I went to NYU and studied theatre. I learned a craft. And began my career straight out of college.



6. The hunger of wanting something so much that you can taste them is very intimate, beautiful and romantic…It's a metaphor.


7. My wife and I have been together for 13 years. I don't exactly know how we survive. I think it's just being fully committed to making it work. We have an amazing family, three beautiful children, a great house. We have our bad days but our good days outweigh them, and we try to remember how fortunate we are. Sometimes I'll lose sight of her in the store, and then my eye catches her, and I'm like: "That is the most beautiful woman I've ever seen." Then I think: "God, that's my wife, I'm so lucky." Those kinds of moments hit me, and they hit me often.

8. I like playing the contrasting roles. It what inspires me to act. If I look back on my career I am happy that I have gotten to play a wide variety of different roles, from Mike Dexter, to Van Ray in Fast Lane, to Dr. Cullen to Coop.

9. (on his favorite part of a woman) Lips are sexy…They're a tool for communication but also a tool for kissing. They're sexy both visually and intellectually.

10. It definitely gets challenging at times. I travel a lot more now, and it's never easy having to leave the kids, even if it's for a few days.


11. There's nothing like coming home and seeing (my daughter) Luca Bella. I totally recommend fatherhood.  It's wild. It's grounding.



12. There were days when I was literally running for hours in the forest and then I'd jump on a plane and then I'd be on the "Nurse Jackie" set. I was going from Vancouver to New York every three days. For me, it was really invigorating.



13. My daughter Fiona headbutted me in the nose and it swelled up like Marlon Brando. For a month I looked like. I thought I would have to get a nose job because I can't play Carlisle as Brando!


14. I remember waiting in line all away around the block for Superman premier and I thought "wow this is amazing, all those people are here to see this movie, it must be something special". And then you come to Comic-Con and people camp out for days and it puts things to perspective, like how amazing movies are and how movies can bring groups of people together for their passion, and they make friends…I think anytime something can bring people together in a positive way it's a great thing. 

15. It happened when Fiona and I were watching Spider-Man and some scary parts came on. I went to close her eyes, but she likes the scary parts so she started fighting me saying: "I want see. I want to see." That's when she headbutted me in the nose.


16. I don't know what the future holds. I just try to do roles that I haven't done before.


17. (on career choices) I switch it up and do something different. I get bored if I do the same thing over and over. When I look back at the characters I've played, they've all been so distinctly different from each other. "Mike Dexter" from Can't Hardly Wait (1998) is completely different than the character I played in The Scorpion King (2002), which is completely different than the "Riding in Cars with Boys" (2001) role or the role I played on "Damages" (2007). Put that next to the guy that I played in "Fastlane" (2002), then put the character in "Fastlane" next to Twilight (2008/I)'s "Carlisle", and put that character next to "Nurse Jackie" (2009)'s "Dr. Cooper", and they're all so vastly different that, whenever my agent says: "What do you want to do next?", I say: "Whatever I haven't done before". I like shaking it up and doing different things.

18. We've been shooting the last two weeks with a lot of vampires. I don't want to give away too much, but if you've read the books, it's the standoff with lots of vampires in play. There's like 70 people going through the works at once. It's a little maddening, but fun. We shot pretty much the ending of the two movies the other day.


19. Last week I was in London at an awards show, then I flew home and was in an RV park with my wife and kids in our motorhome, this week I'm in NY doing a charity event, and tomorrow I'll be coaching my daughters soccer practice. I guess the range of roles I play on film stem from the range of roles I play in real life.


20. (on his "Twilight" audition) I went and auditioned for Catherine (Hardwicke) and thought I did great - but I didn't get it. They wanted an older actor. Carlisle is young in the book, but visually I was told they wanted his character to look a lot older than the kids.  But that fell through and they came back to me. I can actually say I'm one of the few guys who have "necked" with Rob Pattinson. A lot of people are envious of me.

21. I love The Count from Sesame Street. He's my favorite vampire. I owe a lot to him for inspiring me and vampires everywhere!




22. I've been very fortunate to have worked with a lot of great actors. It's like tennis; when you're playing with someone who's really good, it makes you raise your game.

23. When I was younger I saw a movie called "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" with Paul Newman and Robert Redford. Those two actors and that movie was my inspiration to want to be an actor.



24. What I like about the third movie is you get to see a side of Carlisle you haven't seen before. You actually get to see what his vampire capabilities are because there's some great battle sequences. It's my favorite book. Carlisle is holding on to that humanity. He doesn't want to be a vampire.

25. I want to look good. Why let yourself go and be eating tons of doughnuts at the craft service table? I think there is a certain responsibility. It's hard being man candy, but chewy in the middle.

26. I was a heartthrob? Someone should have told me!

27. Whatever their lives are people should let them have their privacy.


28. (his wife's first meeting with his very Italian family) When she (Jennie) first came over for dinner, she started crying.  She said: "Everybody's yelling at each other!" I explained that they were trying to get a word in edgewise and they talk passionately! Her family is quiet. Very Midwest. When they eat dinner, you can hear a pin drop.

29. I enjoy what Twitter is because I can really connect with the fans and it's a great way to share information with them and it's also a great way to entertain. I like being able to put a smile on people's faces and letting them know what I'm doing.

30. People always come up to me say: "Oh my god…can you give this letter to Rob?". I've become the pony express to Rob Pattinson.

31. (on how he relaxes) Taking a hot bath is always nice, especially when it's with my wife. We usually have fifteen to twenty minutes before the kids start pounding on the door!


What do you think of Peter Facinelli's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts