Jaime King Talks Being A Mother To "Vegas" Magazine

Jaime King is absolutely gorgeous on the cover of Vegas magazine's Fall Fashion issue.  





King, 35, opened up to the outlet about accepting her "Hart of Dixie" role: "The more I thought about it, the more I realized that no one else could play her. I wanted to take a character that was, on paper, a very rigid classic Southern belle and turn her into someone whom you really understood. I wanted to show the root of where her fear came from - the loss of her mother, the concern about being abandoned, the idea that if she were perfect, she would be of value again."


When Jaime asked about fashion, she claimed: "Fashion is one of the only mediums that allows you to express who you are without saying anything. Because my mother was a seamstress and because I grew up with Alexander Wang and Valentino, I really appreciate the artistry of fashion and why what they create is important. Clothes can make us feel beautiful; they can make us feel confident, or relaxed. Fashion is a powerful form of self-expression."

She also talked about motherhood. 


"When you have a child, you realize that he's all that really matters. It's so easy to get caught up in the illusion of what this industry is all about, to get stuck on my personal hang-ups. But then I look at James and remember that tomorrow is a new day," King was quoted as saying.


For the full interview of Jaime King, check out VegasMagazine.com.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts