Joan Rivers Tells Louis C.K.: "What We Do Is A Calling" In "Louie" Cameo (VIDEO)

Joan Rivers, who died on Thursday at the age of 81, left behind a comedic legacy that will never be forgotten.  



The legendary comedian never stopped working until the day she was hospitalized last week and paved the way for many comedians, including Louis C.K.


After watching the 2010 documentary on her life, "Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work", the "Louie" star asked her to make a cameo on his semi-autobiographical show.

"Part of the episode is her playing onstage, and she's playing at Atlantic City, so we went down there with a small crew just to shoot some footage of her separate from the episode," he confessed to the AV. Club of her 2011 appearance.


C.K. recalled: "We just went to see her, and I went in there, and I love Joan Rivers, I always have. But when I saw her onstage, I couldn't believe it. She darts around, she's got so much energy. She just kills. She's better than me, and I'm literally close to half her age, and I can't run around like she does."

During a brief cameo on a 2011 episode of Louie, Rivers passionately explained the life and purpose of a comedian. 


"Listen, I wish I could tell you it gets better, but it doesn't get better. You get better," Rivers pointed out, noting: "I've gone up, I've gone down, I've been bankrupt, I've been broke. But you do it, and you do it because we love it more than anything else."






Rivers added: "What we do is a calling."


Check out the inspiring clip below… 




Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts