Morgan Fairchild Quotes

1. You can never be too rich or too thin.  




2. I try hard to look hip but ladylike; current, but not like I'm trying to be 16.


3. I got to work with Bette Davis, Jane Wyman, Eve Arden, Natalie Wood, and Cesar Romero. All the people I had grown up. I was very lucky to be able to do that when I got out to LA. You treasure those moments. The great thing about the old stars is that they were great raconteurs. They had such good stories, and they would dish. I mean, you would know who shot who, who was sleeping with who, and where a body was buried under what dam. It was a hoot.

4. They always want everything, but when you are in a labor organization, the odds are you aren't going to get everything…At some point, you have to know when to hold them and when to fold them for the long-term benefit of your members.

5. I was asked once if I ever got tired of playing bimbos, and I answered that I've never played a bimbo. I've always played smart, manipulative women. Marilyn Monroe and Judy Holliday, who were not stupid, could play stupid really well, but I don't do it well.

6. Growing up in Texas, you were either pretty or smart. Smart didn't get you very far, because there weren't too many job opportunities for women. I wondered why you couldn't be both.



7. I started in the theater when I was 10, so I grew up in the theater and was very used to that, but I love movies and television, also, obviously.


8. A lot of my fan base has always been gay, and I just grew up around everybody being gay, so I've known since a very early age that the gay and lesbian friends that I had were exactly the same as the others. They went through the same heartache; they had the same hope and aspirations. Everything was the same - except the sexual orientation.



9. I'm tired of all the nastiness?. We need to sit down together and find some consensus.


10. I have a lot of stands on a lot of political issues. I'm very big on campaign finance reform. I still think most Americans aren't aware of how the dumping of big corporate dollars and private donor dollars has totally corrupted the political system and taken it away from them.

11. I think sometimes women are not driven by the same, albeit, testosterone power thing that pushes men to get into politics.


12. Older woman/younger man is great: I just hate the term "Cougar." As a woman, I find it demeaning. What is the reciprocal for a guy? "Letch?" I enjoy the whole concept of women not being limited to someone older than they are, which is the way it was before. It's great that those norms have become passé (and) age isn't a restriction. On the other hand, you see some of the women and think: "What do you talk to him about? He doesn't look that bright!"

13. We always need to get a better deal.


14. Hiding my migraines on the set may have been my toughest challenge as an actor. There were times when the pain from migraine headaches was so severe that I literally had to crawl across my dressing room floor. But I couldn't let anyone know. If they thought I might slow production, I figured that would end my career.


15. Most people think actors have no fear. That is insane. We are driven by fear. We are in a business that lives on fear.


16. It's nice to be thought of as attractive and all of that. On the other hand, it curtails you somewhat, too. They won't let me read for "West Wing," just to play, you know, a normal person. Or "ER," to play a doctor - the things I'm actually good at. I mean, I'm pretty good on foreign policy - they won't even let me come read for that.

17. I think we need to be thinking about where we will be in 10 years…I've seen several attempts to move into the future and adapt into our changing business models stymied at every turn. I think we all need to sit down and start working together.



18. I'm not a political animal, I'm a curious animal.


19. Because I play those sort of vampy bitches, I've been told that a lot of guys do me in clubs, so I guess I'm up there with Cher and Liza. Although, I don't sing, so I don't know what they do to imitate me exactly! When I was on tour with "The Graduate," every opening night party I would have some guy come up to me and say: "I do you in my act, do you want to see?" I'm sort of afraid to see what they do to do me!

20. What triggered a migraine for me may have no effect on someone else. For many people, coffee can relieve symptoms somewhat, but for me it was a trigger. You really have to find out what affects you individually.

21. The business of Hollywood, if you don't have other things going on, it will eat you up and spit you out…If you take what those people and that social structure think of you - if you let it govern your life - you might as well just kill yourself.

22. I'm about as Baptist as you get in Hollywood.


23. I was a very shy, very quiet, little fat kid with big thick glasses, always in advanced placement, teachers pet, never opened my mouth, and made straight A's, and very lonely child that had asthma, caught everything that went around, so I lived in my room, I lived with my books. My books were my world. But at one point, I decided I didn't want to just read about interesting people...I wanted to be one of those interesting people.


24. My sister loved drama classes, and I threw up every Saturday before we had to go.



25. I'm one of those people you can tell "no" a million different ways, and I'll spend the rest of my life trying to figure out some way to get you to say "yes". People have always underestimated me. I have great stamina, great tenacity.


26. When I've got all the makeup on and all the spit, polish and glue together, I look fine. But I know what I really look like, and I'm still the same kid under there. I don't think I look that great. I think I did a good job of creating Morgan Fairchild. But I created her.

27. One of the hallmarks of the sign of Aquarius is the campaign for justice. Everybody is my brother. Justice is very important to me.


28. When the AIDS epidemic broke, because I happened to be a science nerd and knew a lot about viruses and a lot about that virus at the time, I felt a moral obligation to go out and try to stem the fear and get out and explain to people what the disease was and how it worked.

29. I was a little fat pudgy kid with big thick glasses, and I was quiet and never said a word, you know - teachers loved me, straight-A student.


30. I have a pointy nose, and it makes everybody think you are a bitch. They don't even give you a chance. I honestly thought I was going to play ingénues my whole life. Suddenly I get to New York and get on the soaps and it's instant bitchdom.


31. Saving the world via medical research or going off to Gobi Desert to dust off dinosaur eggs is what I thought I might be doing when I was a kid, and I'd love to bring those interests to a show like "E.R." or "The West Wing," or a movie like "Jurassic Park."




32. I get really tired of getting painted up all the time. Basically, I'm a bum.


33. You know, a lot of people over the years, because I kind of play bad guys for a living, you know, a lot of people say: "Well, what would Morgan Fairchild be afraid of?" Honey, try being an aging vixen!



What do you think of Morgan Fairchild's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts