Katy Perry: "I Was Depressed" (VIDEO)

In a new interview with Australian TV's "The Project," Katy Perry spoke out about the real-life suicidal thoughts she mentioned in the track "By The Grace Of God". The song's lyrics include the lines: "We were living on a fault line / And I felt the fault was all mine / Couldn't take it anymore…I looked in the mirror and decided to stay / Wasn't gonna let love take me out that way."

   



When asked whether she'd had personal moments that reached this point, Perry, 29, replied: "Sometimes you can be blinded by your extreme emotions. I definitely was looking for answers, and during that time I wrote that song. And yeah, I was depressed, and it was sad, and there were thoughts, but there were never actions, thankfully."


Perry went on: "I wanted to share that side of my story, because I know there are so many other people out there that have gone through things like that, and you always feel like you're the only one going through that."




Perry also talked about her unique Halloween outfit as a giant Cheeto. "I can be slutty the other 364 days of the year," she jokingly noted.
 


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts