Joaquin Phoenix Reveals Growing Up In A Religious Cult Children Of God

Joaquin Phoenix recently talked about his parent's involvement with the religious cult Children Of God.  





In a new interview with Playboy magazine, Phoenix, 40, explained: "My parents had a religious experience and felt strongly about it. They wanted to share that with other people who wanted to talk about their experience with religion. These friends were like: "Oh, we believe in Jesus as well,"" adding: "I think my parents thought they'd found a community that shared their ideals. Cults rarely advertise themselves as such. It's usually someone saying: "We're like-minded people. This is a community," but I think the moment my parents realized there was something more to it, they got out."


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts