Cinematographer Dick Pope Responds To Being Called "Dick Poop" At The 2015 Oscars Nominations Announcement

Dick Pope, the director whose name was infamously mispronounced as "Dick Poop" by Academy president Cheryl Boone Isaacs during the 2015 Oscars nominations announcement this morning, is opening up about the gaffe. 



"You know what, I have been called a lot worse in my time," Pope told USA Today, noting: "I don't think twice about anything like that. I am happy to be nominated."



"You don't need to explain it to me. I have had it explained one hundred times," the Oscar nominated cinematographer went on, explaining: "I feel sorry for the lady who made the mispronunciation. I have never been on Twitter and I don't know what trending means. I am completely naive. All I know is that I have a lot of emails here saying I am trending on Twitter. They might as well be saying I am landing on the moon, as far as I am concerned."

As for his nomination, Pope added: "We're all very happy. It's wonderful news. But I represent a whole company and the whole film. I represent the people who work on it. We are all very pleased. Delighted."


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts