Zayn Malik Confirms Solo Career After Quitting One Direction

Zayn Malik has opened up about leaving One Direction.


Malik, 22, talked about his decision with The Sun (via People), confirming that his fiance Perrie Edwards, 21, is "very supportive" and that he has been working on his own material for some time.


In an interview with the outlet, the former One Direction singer shared about quitting the group: "It is crazy and wild and a bit mad. But at the same time I've never felt more in control in my life. And I feel like I'm doing what's right - right by myself and right by the boys, so I feel good…My band has been really supportive. They've been cool about it. And they understand that, you know, it's not real to me anymore."


Zayn spoke out about wanting to leave: "I did try to do something that I wasn't happy doing for a while, for the sake of other people's happiness."


Malik also commented about the One Direction fans: "I feel like I've let the fans down but I can't do this anymore. It's not that I've turned my back on them or anything, it's just that I just can't do that anymore because it's not the real me."








Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts