Diplo Talks About "Awesome" Chemistry With Madonna

Diplo posed for the new feature for the latest issue of Interview magazine.

In an interview with the mag, Diplo, 36, shared about teaming up with Madonna: "The chemistry was just, like, awesome. Right from the beginning, she was like: "Let's do whatever you want to do." I had kind of a vision of how she can sound in 2015 and not be forced. And she went for it. I'm proud of the songs."



Diplo, whose real name is Thomas Wesley Pentz, opened up about balancing work and family: "You have to have some time. I have two children now, and every day I break up my day around three and I pick up my son, then go see my other son till seven. I have to do that because I'm away on the weekends working."

The DJ also talked about how the music industry has changed: "I feel like 20 years ago that might have been an issue, because you needed a whole label machine to push something out. And if you had a flop, it was harder to recover. But nowadays, make another funny video or get on another social media outlet. It's about you selling the personality more than it is about selling the actual records you're making, you know?"


For the full interview of Diplo, check out InterviewMagazine.com.

Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts