Kit Harington Opens Up About The Backlash He Received For His Thoughts On Male Sexualization

Kit Harington graces the cover of Out magazine's June/July 2015 issue. 











In an interview with the mag, Harington, 28, shared about the backlash he received for saying it was "demeaning" to be called a hunk: "I found it unfair, really, some of the stuff I read (in response). I was making a point, which was that I think young men do get objectified, do get sexualized unnecessarily. As a person who is definitely in that category, as a young leading man in this world, I feel I have a unique voice to talk about that. I was making a point to sort of say: "It just needs to be highlighted." With every photo shoot I ever go to, I'm told to take off my shirt, and I don't."


Kit opened up about "Game of Thrones" addressing sexuality.




"It's not just gay and straight. We've got bisexual characters as well, which is rarely done on TV. I like the fact that we deal with a broad spectrum of sexuality," the "Game of Thrones" said.




Harington also talked about the media.



"I'm slowly getting to be more comfortable with them, but I find them terrifying. They scare the f*cking living sh*t out of me," the actor added.


For the full interview of Kit Harington, check out Out.com.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts